• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheel Options

Eric

What wheel options do I have.

8 lug dually Ford dana 70

I am trying to find a tire with a little more weight rating and cheaper is always good. RIght now it has 16.5 s on there.

Will dodge wheels bolt up? chevy? others?

Stick with the 16.5? or look for something else?

I switched from 16.5s as the tires are getting scarce and expensive.

Chevy wheels don't have a big enough hole to clear the hub. I pretty sure dodge wheels work. 99 and later super duty wheels do not work, they have different lug spacing.

Chevy centers can be easily enlarged to fit. 16's would be your best bet for cheapness and weight rating. 17's being next.

I switched from 16.5s as the tires are getting scarce and expensive.

You want more weight rating and cheaper?

Let me know how that works out for ya.

Maybe I should make this a little more clear.

Easier to find used tires. 16.5 as posted are an older size. Trying to decide which direction to look into. And what will bolt up to the rear end.

You might want to measure the bolt pattern. I think Ford uses a 8 on 140mm or some crazy 8 lug pattern. Pretty sure there is a difference from a chevy/ dodge 8 on 6.5 pattern.

Thanks Rus! Will have to figure out if these will fit.

I have these. Nice dually tires for a 2wd tow rig. Sucks ot be stuck in the parking lot.

Load range d too. I even have a couple pairs of dually rims you could have if you dont have 16.5 rims already.

These tires are like NEW. Tall lugs.

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60330

I am trying to get to a load range of E at least. Otherwise I would be interested.

You might want to measure the bolt pattern. I think Ford uses a 8 on 140mm or some crazy 8 lug pattern. Pretty sure there is a difference from a chevy/ dodge 8 on 6.5 pattern.

Do you have any information on this? I will have to measure it but thats kind of hard when I am at work :redneck:

That is 99+ superduty only and it's 8 on 170mm just as totalled said in the second post of the thread.

16" wheels will make it cheaper and easier to find tires. Take offs are pretty common and tire shops usually sell them cheap.

Myself I run 37" HMMWV tires. CHEAP and 3800 lb weight rating. :D Just a bit much for a dually though. :redneck:

That is 99+ superduty only and it's 8 on 170mm just as totalled said in the second post of the thread.

16" wheels will make it cheaper and easier to find tires. Take offs are pretty common and tire shops usually sell them cheap.

Myself I run 37" HMMWV tires. CHEAP and 3800 lb weight rating. :D Just a bit much for a dually though. :redneck:

Thank you! That is what I needed to know.

I would run the HMMWV tires, or at least I have thought about it but I dont think they will work in the dual configuration. Or will they?

Thank you! That is what I needed to know.

I would run the HMMWV tires, or at least I have thought about it but I dont think they will work in the dual configuration. Or will they?

no they would rub.

37s on a dually is going to mess with the gears badly.

This your own rig or are you guys messing with the money/rus/chimo hauler?

Dodge Duallys use a hubcentric rim, just cause a Chevy or Ford may have the same bolt pattern doesn't mean that it will fit over the hub and/or center the wheel on the axle.