• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where can I get Detroit locker parts?

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
Anyone know of any place to get Detroit locker parts? Digger5 on here no longer carries them. So I'm on the hunt. Talking with a guy at Just differentials but he is slow at responding. So I'm looking for other options.

Last edited:
Anyone know of any place to get Detroit locker parts? Digger5 on here no longer carries them. So I'm on the hunt. Talking with a guy at Just differentials but he is slow at responding. So I'm looking for other options.

What parts/axle are you looking for?

Best luck has been to search pirate or CL for OTHER broken Detroits. Put your pieces and those pieces together and make one.

At the Detroit locker parts store :fawkdancesmiley::stirpot:

Sorry I just had to :haha:

well thats no good !!

The deciding factor in purchasing a locker of sorts for me is of it is a serviceable component,

There should be something available,

There used to be, but since Eaton took over, it's been less and less.

FWIW, I've been running a Yukon Grizzly locker for a bit now, very similar in function to a Detroit and I'm very happy with it, and should problems ever develop, parts are available locally.

Call Tom's Differentials at 208-265-8111.
They can be tough to work with but should have what you need. If you can describe the parts you need, I can give you part numbers which will help your search.

Call Tom's Differentials at 208-265-8111.
They can be tough to work with but should have what you need. If you can describe the parts you need, I can give you part numbers which will help your search.

Ok thanks. :awesomework: My plan is tomorrow to pull it apart and actually see what needs to be replaced. I'm guessing it's the same parts as last time.

Just weld all the pieces back together and then weld it solid.:redneck:
I took apart a "gov lock" and welded the pieces together to form a solid ball of traction goodness.

Last edited:
Just weld all the pieces back together and then weld it solid.:redneck:
I took apart a "gov lock" and welded the pieces together to form a solid ball of traction goodness.

You mean, "The Orb Of Traction"...:awesomework:

I welded one up for a buddy a couple weeks ago...