• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where do you buy BFG stickies?

Neal3000 said:
I don't think thats a tire you'd want for a trail rig, i've seen pictures of them after 1 race and they are completely shot, tread gone

If you are referring to the tire I was talking about then yes they are a one race tire for something like KOH but I wonder how they would hold up to regular trail use.

IMO the biggest advantage would be the tougher sidewall.

Re: Re: Re: Where do you buy BFG stickies?

Rokcrler said:
Not true.
My old truck, McMinn's new one works totally different on the same obstacles at 7front/5 rear than at 10f/8r.
All other variables the same.

Dammit, Mo... What are you doing injecting actual facts into this thread :fish:

Neal3000 said:
I don't think thats a tire you'd want for a trail rig, i've seen pictures of them after 1 race and they are completely shot, tread gone

Truth. Check this out...copied from Pirate...

NEW
1379530d1405098752-krawler-dt-img_4005.jpg

Low Mileage
1379538d1405098752-krawler-dt-img_4004.jpg

350/400 @ race speeds
1379546d1405098752-krawler-dt-img_4003.jpg

Re:

There were some rigs at the Offroad Expo that had the Nittos I think and they all looked just trashed like that. Bet they hook like a mofo tho!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

clemsonjeep said:
Truth. Check this out...copied from Pirate...

NEW
1379530d1405098752-krawler-dt-img_4005.jpg

Low Mileage
1379538d1405098752-krawler-dt-img_4004.jpg

350/400 @ race speeds
1379546d1405098752-krawler-dt-img_4003.jpg

Pretty disappointed in that duct tape not holding up, not going to lie. :)

Re:

Those pictures are after koh. I have seen treps after that race and they were pretty worn as well.

I bet they would work great in the rocks. Seen several rigs sport them in just wheeling pics.

Re:

James has been back at BTF for a while.
I've seen their after koh tires and :eek:

If love to get a set of the new tires for my rig.

We'll be running them on the new race rig

That tire pictured above is from Slawsons KOH car and its not like other BFG tires. thats all I am going to say about that.

Re:

There is also the new Falken stickies. They are slightly shorter but claim to have tougher sidewall. & at $400 per is hard not to try them

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

paradisepwoffrd said:
There is also the new Falken stickies. They are slightly shorter but claim to have tougher sidewall. & at $400 per is hard not to try them

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Sure would like to see more use put on them here on east coast terrain.

I think the tire in the pics is the black label BFG.. I was considering that tire for the transaxle build because the sidewall is supposed to be tougher than the red label however they cost more and weren't available at the time I was interested.

on my old rig I was pretty much die hard red label but I did cut them quite a bit but that was a much heavier rig... and the reds were a complete fail in certain types of mud (heavy clay content) that i tend to encounter all the time..

so on the new rig i went with treps and i couldn't be happier with them so far, I know for a fact that I've spent the $1000 in repairing tires, plus my time in dealing with breaking down beadlocks, plus the PITA factor of dealing with a trail flat so I elected to spend some more cash up front...

before i went with reds on the old buggy i had 42 pitbull rockers and I could go way more places way easier with the 39 reds.. it blew my mind at first... plus the smaller tire makes things a bit more technical which makes more trails more fun to run...

easleycrawler said:
They didn't fair to well on the ultimate adventure at Harlan, from what I read. Only a few actually made it up the water fall. :dunno:

They did decent at AOP. It was piss pouring rain so nothing was really doing great.

zjtrey said:
I think the tire in the pics is the black label BFG.. I was considering that tire for the transaxle build because the sidewall is supposed to be tougher than the red label however they cost more and weren't available at the time I was interested.

on my old rig I was pretty much die hard red label but I did cut them quite a bit but that was a much heavier rig... and the reds were a complete fail in certain types of mud (heavy clay content) that i tend to encounter all the time..

so on the new rig i went with treps and i couldn't be happier with them so far, I know for a fact that I've spent the $1000 in repairing tires, plus my time in dealing with breaking down beadlocks, plus the PITA factor of dealing with a trail flat so I elected to spend some more cash up front...

before i went with reds on the old buggy i had 42 pitbull rockers and I could go way more places way easier with the 39 reds.. it blew my mind at first... plus the smaller tire makes things a bit more technical which makes more trails more fun to run...
Interesting read. Just curious, are you saying a 42 pitbull is smaller than a 39 Red? Or maybe you are stating the opposite of that?