• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where to buy bulk grinder wheels?

xjkrawler

Where is the best place to buy bulk grinding wheels? flap discs, cut off wheels, grinding stones....

Been buying from lowes and home depot and feel like there has to be better deals out there for the average joe.

Much cheaper if u kiss tha guys ass at local welding shop. I have got to know the guys at the welding shop around here pretty good. You would be amazed at the amount of free demo shjt they get ..Also there's a place around here that's a huge bolt and hardware place. He actually beat the welding shops price on cut off wheels at around 1.50ish a piece. I coulda bought a plasma and torch with the amount of wheels I have bought over past 2 years. They go quick. But your much better to buy the 25 or 50 pack of cut off wheels. Flap disk are just expensive! TSC is where I have been going lately. lil 2 pack of flap disk at a time.

Watch out buying cheapo wheels. Some of the cheap ones just don't hold up well enough to justify spending less on them per wheel, because you end up using 3 times as many. I worked a deal with the local "mom and pop" hardware store to just double their normal order every month thumb.gif

Homedepot and Lowes are probably your worst choice for them, they are expensive on everything compared to my local hardware store.

Re: Re: Re: Where to buy bulk grinder wheels?

the_white_shadow said:
Roark Supply as well. They have some pretty good deals on Pirate in the vendor section.
Roark Supply...,in the hardline vendor section :dblthumb:

I tried lehigh and in a pinch the local hardware store. The Lehigh are about the same quality, and 1/3 the price as the local $6 ones (flaps) at teh hardware store. Since then I've been getting them on the gas truck when they bring all my wire/gas/hard goods etc. They have been bringing CGW camel grinding wheels flaps with 3x the sanding material, last 4x as long as local or Lehigh stuff, and they're $6 ea. They also have the nut made on the back of the wheel, no spanners and you can flat grind with them and no threads or spanner nut hitting the piece. Come in a box of 10. Cut offs, get a metabo 6" cutoff machine and put good 6" wheels on it and rock out. Lasts 10x longer than a 4" on a grinder, plus you don't die from exploding stuff

I recently tested some 6" Predator cut off disks at work and love them. Since I did the initial test we have started ordering them in bulk. Have no clue on the price, but they last a long time. The have a plasticy feel to them, and seem to "glide" through metal better than the papery feeling wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like I dont go through near as many wheels as most on this forum. But lately ive gotten tired of the local hardware store price.

I will definitely check out Roark Supply.

jccarter1 said:
With a commercial account flap disk are 2.10 at fasenal and cut off wheels were pretty cheap

I wasn't impressed with the pack of cutoffs I got at fastenal. A disc usually last me 2 days if I don't blow it up and I went through 3 of those in a afternoon because they wore out so fast.

I been buying mine off amazon, they are cal-hawk brand, for the price i think they hold up well, dont buy harbor freight grinding wheels, they will beat the **** outta ya

Zjman said:
I been buying mine off amazon, they are cal-hawk brand, for the price i think they hold up well, dont buy harbor freight grinding wheels, they will beat the **** outta ya

Same here. I think they're pretty good. I also use Metabo 4.5, 6, and 7" ones at work and they're good.

I've been buying the 10 pack of 80 grit flap disc from Amazon for a year or so too, no complaints on those. A local shop I think Kush was talking about, Threads for the South, has a good bulk deal on them too.