• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where to get mp3's?

patooyee

Where do people get them today? I'm a paid Google Play user and most everything I need is there. But there are a few songs that aren't that I would like to add to my collection. I remember back in the good ole days of Napster this would be a non-issue but its been since then that I actually downloaded an illegal mp3. Where do I get them now without getting a virus? I'm not wanting to go on a download rampage, its just like 10-15 older songs that Google Play doesn't seem to be on top of.

It's been about 2 years since I've used it but I use to use frost wire.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

Re: Re: Where to get mp3's?

Ive used Amazon mp3 download a few times for the hard to find ones. Usually like 99 cents or so.

Ive dl'd a few free mp3 getters off the Play until I found one that seems to have a good library.

Haha, tried "FRee Mp3 Downloader" on the Google Play store and they had everything I wanted.

Re: Re: Re: Where to get mp3's?

patooyee said:
Haha, tried "FRee Mp3 Downloader" on the Google Play store and they had everything I wanted.
I was just about to steer you towards that. Always preview the files. Sometimes they're incomplete, bad quality, or the whole damn wrong song!! But, you can't beat free. I do occasionally have to buy a song or two from Google play.

On Android, I use Music Maniac. It is the best downloader I've had yet. Every song I've downloaded from it (a **** ton) has the artist - song title and album art all correctly formatted so you can have an organized music library. Also, they have all been of cd quality. I've been able to find most everything I look for with this app, and being into the metal genre, most of what I search for isn't just extremely popular, yet has been readily available. What I've found works best is to put in the artist's name and the title of the album and it usually brings up every song from the whole album. I give it 2 thumbs and one big toe up.

PC, I use MP3 Rocket...It's about like Limewire was and in my opinion, better than Frostwire, as I switched from Frostwire to MP3 Rocket (free version). It can pull MP3's from Youtube, so if someone has it uploaded on Youtube, that MP3 file will be available in the search results. Also allows you to preview song prior to download, which is a big deal to me, as I cannot stand a shitty quality song. I'd just rather do without a song if it were anything besides cd quality.

I don't download on my PC much anymore since I have bluetooth in my tow rig now and MP3 cord in my crawler, I always play music from my phone. I still rock CD's in the Saturn, but I've got a ton of burnt CD's to suffice.

Re: Re: Re: Where to get mp3's?

TacomaJD said:
On Android, I use Music Maniac. It is the best downloader I've had yet. Every song I've downloaded from it (a **** ton) has the artist - song title and album art all correctly formatted so you can have an organized music library. Also, they have all been of cd quality. I've been able to find most everything I look for with this app, and being into the metal genre, most of what I search for isn't just extremely popular, yet has been readily available. What I've found works best is to put in the artist's name and the title of the album and it usually brings up every song from the whole album. I give it 2 thumbs and one big toe up.

PC, I use MP3 Rocket...It's about like Limewire was and in my opinion, better than Frostwire, as I switched from Frostwire to MP3 Rocket (free version). It can pull MP3's from Youtube, so if someone has it uploaded on Youtube, that MP3 file will be available in the search results. Also allows you to preview song prior to download, which is a big deal to me, as I cannot stand a shitty quality song. I'd just rather do without a song if it were anything besides cd quality.

I don't download on my PC much anymore since I have bluetooth in my tow rig now and MP3 cord in my crawler, I always play music from my phone. I still rock CD's in the Saturn, but I've got a ton of burnt CD's to suffice.
After this ^^^^^, I tried out Music Maniac. Just wanted to report in on how bad damn ass it is. Haven't found a song yet it doesn't have, and quality that's Da Bomb.

Re: Re: Where to get mp3's?

Youtube and youtube2mp3.com I think it is.. that's how I get most of my music's simple and fast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where to get mp3's?

tyldyl12 said:
After this ^^^^^, I tried out Music Maniac. Just wanted to report in on how bad damn ass it is. Haven't found a song yet it doesn't have, and quality that's Da Bomb.

The ads you have to watch are ghey and annoying if you are downloading a ton of music, but it's minor **** for getting free music. I dread the day that an update for the app causes it to go to **** or it gets shutdown or something. Seems like every time I find a good one, eventually an update causes it to go to ****. Maybe Music Maniac will stay around for a while.

TacomaJD said:
On Android, I use Music Maniac.

As do i, on pc i use kickass.to or isohunt. But anymore it's just as easy to use Music Maniac v2 . I use my phone to BT stream to my radio at home or on the road anyhow.

Bumpers said:
Youtube and youtube2mp3.com I think it is.. that's how I get most of my music's simple and fast

I had to use the YOUTUBE thing to get a David Allen Coe song i've been wantin to keep for good trail cruisin' music. Nothin' like enjoyin' the mountain scenery, fresh air and listen'in to some COON TOWN on the speakers. LOL

WTF.....My Music Maniac app, no longer works. The app opens, it just won't find any songs. Go to Google Play Store to maybe update the app, and it's not even listed anymore in My Apps where it logs every single app I've ever downloaded. Guess that app got zapped. There are others labeled Music Maniac, but not sure how good they would be, the screenshots in the ad for the app does not look like the same app I was using.

DAMMIT.....pisses me off when this happens. I'm almost the point of paying the $10 a month for Google Play Music.

Also, I did find a substitute for the time being. "Rdio" is a cool app, similar to Slacker Radio and Pandora, but easy to work and no commercials.

After seeing this thread I tried to download music maniac about 2 weeks ago and it didn't work. Just said no songs found. Just got a new phone so I haven't even really looked for anything else yet. Any other recommendations?

sledneck said:
After seeing this thread I tried to download music maniac about 2 weeks ago and it didn't work. Just said no songs found. Just got a new phone so I haven't even really looked for anything else yet. Any other recommendations?

I'll probably do the trial and error thing, because I've got a couple different albums I've been wanting to download. Once I make time to mess with it, I will give an update on the app name(s) that I try.

Re:

Same sort of thing happened here. When the search returns no results, I click on "external results," and bam, there they are. All good things come to an end I guess.....

GTunes used to be what I used before Music Maniac, but it took a similar ****....I guess they get shut down or something.