• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

which housing d60?

CHOP SHOP

I am looking at getting a HP ford D60 diff housing.

Before I could bring myself to cut up a good $1000 front axle, I would like to explore the options of an aftermarket diff housing.

I have seen the rock jock, the pro rocks etc, but have no clue which one is best or what top get or for that matter I dont even know all the MFGers that make trick housings.

Who sells them?

Who has a hookup on them?

Who has one and an opinion about it?

Who has a used one for sale?

anything else?:corn:

Thats why I built my front all new. I could pick/choose what parts I wanted without waisting anything on parts that would not be used.

Key is picking what center/knuckles you want to run...

Thats why I built my front all new. I could pick/choose what parts I wanted without waisting anything on parts that would not be used.

Key is picking what center/knuckles you want to run...

Trust me this is not by choice and my wallet does not agree with me at all.

I was finishing up the front brackets on my 60 front in the buggy and nothing would fit right:mad:, ends up its bent pretty badly.:mad::mad:

I have already built everything to work with an 67 inch wide front and have a 65 wide rear.

I have a chevy housing but dont want the front end 4 inches wider than the rear and just dont want it that wide.

If I am going to be cutting and turning the knuckles I might aswell use a ford HP center and get the driveline up off the lower link and get a stronger ring gear too.

An aftermarket housing was never in the plan but is comparable to a whole donor ford front.:booo:

Why change knuckles? I dont have that kind of loot.

I am going to be using a BENT dodge D61 as a donor for my Cs, knuckles and outers. Its an internal hub version. 3 inch tube

Lots of it $$$$$$$
probaly atleast a G

X

I can get a used complete front for $700 and possibly get a few bucks back parting it out.

has to come in less than $7-800 to be effective for my application.

Its not that I am too cheap warrant that kind of spending, I just dont have the loot.

For the record those of us who have spent a small fortune to build/make a durable 60 have never had any regrets :cool:

I just ordered a Pro-Rock 60 front, bare housing with tubes and Cs, and the outer steering knuckels (5 on5.5). That's a $3500 investment, and it's only half built. And that was at a screaming-good-discount (brother-in-law) deal

I still need axle shafts (X4), U-joints, locker, R&P, brakes, lockout hubs, etc.

Building my own came to just over $5000:mad::beer:

Hopefully your stock housing isnt smiling at ya.

Solid(used to be rockcrusher) has the 'cheapest' center out there currently. Has multiple oiling channels for the pinion bearings, Its drilled/tapped on top of the chunk and has extra material where it counts.

I think more of these used axles are bent than people realize. If you saw how much mine was bent you'd be impressed.:wtf:
On this topic I have two GM brake backing plates and two callipers anyone can have for free.....I could bring them to this Sundays work party and do a handoff easily.....
Someone please take them.
:edit: parts are spoken for.:cool::edit:

Last edited:
Hopefully your stock housing isnt smiling at ya.

Solid(used to be rockcrusher) has the 'cheapest' center out there currently. Has multiple oiling channels for the pinion bearings, Its drilled/tapped on top of the chunk and has extra material where it counts.

It's smiling now cause all the new bling it got that will change after a few trips