• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which tires to buy?

Redwoodinnovations

I am currently running 39.5 iroks lots of tread but the side walls are beat. I want to get new tires. I have a toyota truggy linked front and back, bead locks, dual cases and 5:29's. I will do 90% of my wheeling in western wa. Not sure if I should get iroks again whether to get 39.5 again or larger or if I should go to tsl's or a tire I don't even know about yet. I have always just ran whatever used tires I could get my hands on. Buying new has so many options. What's your opinion and reasoning behind it?

I run the same tire. I love my Iroks, I think they are a great tire for western WA. If I were buying new in the same size range, the only other tire I would go with based on durability and performance would be the Pitbull Rockers.

If I was going to go up in size, the 43" SX would be my choice, but that is a lot of tire and would definitely require some built 1-ton axles and some horsepower to turn them.

Pitbull makes 39.5" bias Rocker but they are a 16.50" wide tire. I've been running radial Pitbull Rockers for a few years now. I have no complaints. They are a great tire and have good sidewall. I've ran both the 35" and currently 37". I wanted 39.5" but 16.50" was a bit wider than I wanted.

I had been running the iroks for about the last 6 years in 37's and 39's. They are a great tire for the northwest but I wonted to try something new. So I went to the 40" nitto trail grapples and found immediately that they worked just as good new as my worn in iroks.

Last edited:
Love my iroks, not so good in the goo,but for washington there pretty good. Will be going back to tsl's or pitbulls after this winter.

I love me some old school TSL's. They seem to work good in everything. Especially snow and mud. I've been buried a few times in the snow to my axles. Somehow if you can get those TSL's down to dirt I'll get out. I fawkin love them:cool:

I love my Iroks. Best all around tire in this area in my opinion. I run 36s and plan on stepping up to 39.5s. The only other tire I might consider would be the PBRs but they seem to be pricey and like you said, I don't want something that wide.

Iroks are my vote. The pit bull are proven but I don't see an upside to them over an iron unless your looking for very wide and slightly more expensive. SX's are a bad ass tire but by God are they heavy. Take that into consideration. My 39.5 weighs the same as my buddies 36 SX. Don't know much about nitto...see a lot of JK's running them :redneck:

My opinion based on what I have ran om my buggies/Heeps etc,
Pitbull Radial Rockers 41x13.5x17
In a 39 -40 DOT Maxxis Creepy Crawler Radial or Bias Iroks. No more options needed unless you want reds and in that case It doesn't matter brand. Good luck with choice.

Last edited:
My opinion based on what I have ran om my buggies/Heeps etc,
Pitbull Radial Rockers 41x13.5x17
In a 39 -40 DOT Maxxis Creepy Crawler Radial or Bias Iroks. No more options needed unless you want reds and in that case It doesn't matter brand. Good luck with choice.

I'd do the 41's...If I had a rig they could go on! :redneck: