• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

why do you need a dana sixty

It's not nice to refer to something as gay or retarded, there are gay and retarded people in this world, humans just like the rest of us.

On topic I just got off the phone with the guy and I am going to look at it this evening. it has the vortec 350 turbo400 and 300 case with all the goodies, it's spring under 5.38 ARB and detroit with woods propeller shafts.

bad news is there is boxes of new stuff to be installed like seats,wiring, arb pump, winch. hs said the frame is boxed and the cage and fenders are tied into it.

Sledneck I heard owning a jeep makes your internet penis bigger. is that why you own one?

You're going fit in here just fine.:awesomework:

It's not nice to refer to something as gay or retarded, there are gay and retarded people in this world, humans just like the rest of us.

Ok.....maybe not.:eeek:

Wheelers get all caught up in the "chromo this, chromo that" deal. Let's not forget people......there's more to the strength of an axle than just axle shafts.:;

woah guys and gals slow down a bit. I'm trying to take this all in beacuse I've been out of the scene for 20+ years. I'm from the days of N78 tires and power locks. dana 60 in a cj was unheard of back then but now it looks like the sixty is the way to go.

I don't want to worry about breaking parts, I'm too old for that ****.

So, most important, what are you going to do? I ran every trail at Elbe with my stock axles, '81 CJ-5. If you want a Jeep, get it, drive it like it is, then upgrade it for what you need.

And remember, the advice you get on teh Intardweb is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it.

And opinions are like a$$h0les, everyone has one, and they all stink but mine...

If you can afford a 60 i would go for it like he said peice of mind. I run a 44 but only because i am on a tight budget ive had good luck with them so far but as previously stated it sucks to allways be waiting for that one big bang. when i start building my willys again im going with a 60 front just to be comfortable. Just because you might not need one dosnt meen you shouldnt get one if you have the money that is i dont.

I plan on trailering it cross country. Utah, Cali, Arizona, Midwest, East Coast, Canada, Alaska. I have done a lot of searching lately and I found a lot of places I want to go. And a Low Slung CJ7 on 42 inch tires seems like a good way to go.

I plan on trailering it cross country. Utah, Cali, Arizona, Midwest, East Coast, Canada, Alaska. I have done a lot of searching lately and I found a lot of places I want to go. And a Low Slung CJ7 on 42 inch tires seems like a good way to go.

if yer running 42's then yer running D60's. If not you WILL grenade stuff.

Bunk. Obviously with thats size of tire I will need the dana sixty. where have you been?

I have learned a lot in the past week. people have been very helpful. it has been 20+ years since I went jeepin. my CJ7 sat on the ranch collecting dust for most of that and I'm kicking myself for selling it 2 years ago. but now i see i would be money ahead to buy a already built rig than sink money itno that jeep.

Good Day Sir.

I'm getting closer to that. The last deal fell thru so i think i'm going to have a rig built by a local guy who did my street rods. new frame and tub late model gm engine atlas and sixtys. i just cant decide on the sixtys dynatrac or solid. who else builds mail order sixtys?

I'm getting closer to that. The last deal fell thru so i think i'm going to have a rig built by a local guy who did my street rods. new frame and tub late model gm engine atlas and sixtys. i just cant decide on the sixtys dynatrac or solid. who else builds mail order sixtys?

Search here Link there are a number of company's out there who build them. I do love my pro-rocks though :awesomework:

If you want to see what 35" tires on a Dana 44 under a 97 TJ can grenade you can come fix the busted ass one shitting parts in my front yard :hi:

I think it is just the warn hub but it could be the cromo outer shaft :booo:

Currie also builds 60s and 9s, but I've got Dynatrac and am very happy with the quality, time and customer service of Dynatrac axles.

Yeah, it's a lot of money.

But if you can afford to pay someone to build street rods and jeeps, then you can afford a Dynatrac.

However, not many guys understand the differences between building a street rod and building a jeep. The suspension dynamics are completely different. You might try Those Guys Rods and Customs in Bremerton, or find a good, reputable 4x4 shop to build the jeep for you.

If you want to see what 35" tires on a Dana 44 under a 97 TJ can grenade you can come fix the busted ass one shitting parts in my front yard :hi:

I think it is just the warn hub but it could be the cromo outer shaft :booo:

Just look a couple of pages before at the pictures i posted about my Jeep with dana 44's and bust stuff with 32's and 35's. Cromo and non cromo.