• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why is cable so hard to deal with?

I told you we can start our on Cable business and you can just pay for the channels you want.

Yeah I even asked the lady I was chatting with if she wanted to come work for me when started my cable company and let people pick the channels they wanted instead of not getting what they pay for. Of course this was after she asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

I think I'm the only person who has never had a problem with Charter cable, :****: satellite companies, now that's another thread. ::)

I got wrote up in the local paper for making terroristic threats to my cable company. They banned me from all their properties/offices, the vice president of the company wrote me a letter a said I was never ever to use them again for cable service.

I've used Direct TV. Hated them. VERY difficult to work with, the equipment never worked.

Switched to DISH. Much cheaper than Direct TV, never had equipment issues, very good customer service.

I use Mediacom at my business. They are normally a pleasure to deal with and I never have technical issues.

J. J.

patooyee said:
I use Mediacom at my business. They are normally a pleasure to deal with and I never have technical issues.

J. J.

you must not be talking to the same reps as me! :wtflol:

the TV works just fine but man the internet is terrible! they caused us to buy a modem for no reason a couple of months ago , complete idiots on the phone too

Their home base is 2 miles down the road and all their employees eat at my restaurant daily so that may have something to do with it. :)

J. J.

I hate comcast with a passion. They couldn't find their ass with a roadmap. Just got off the phone with them again, and I canceled them memorial day weekend. I have TDS which uses Dish, I have had great service so far.

I wanted to upgrade but I guess I cant get the package I have at work for some reason. We have around 70 channels at work without any sort of "box" attatched to anything. For some reason I have to get a "box" for my house. They couldnt tell my why I could see all the channels I do at work with out a "box". Then I listed all the channels I wanted at my house. Then she said I could upgrade to this and get these channels withiout a "box" so I said lets do it thats what I wanted from the get go. Well needless to say I didnt get anymore channels than I was already getting and they want to charge around $18 more. I told them what a rip off cable was and to just return my service to the 20 channels I previously had setup. What a joke!

I'm on the "dvd only" plan right now at the new house. I'm loving it. Getting internet is scaring me. There is **** for signal so an aircard is almost out as well
I stole cable all through college but the wife insisted we pay in town ::) laughing1
Now we are free and I'll strangle her if she signs us up for some dish crap

i know alot of guys using at&t or verizon for there internet.

they use a tv with a good digital tuner and antenna for local channels and use an online service like hulu for there shows.

however... i use comcast with an HD tivo as well as there internet and phone.