• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wicked YJ

The way we did it on Mahan's ( he has the Wilwood) was just open the fitting on the Caliper and let gravity take over.

thanks john on the info i will try some of that tomorrow but time is running out and the rig is not finished yet so its not looking good on me being at summertown on friday. we tryed bleeding this thing for 3 hours tonight and still nothing. i still like front drive shaft, finish the brakes, finish the seat belts, finish the winch, list goes on and on man this sucks

the new hoodless look.
wickedyjpaint020-1.jpg

wickedyjpaint018-1.jpg

wickedyjpaint019-1.jpg

wickedyjpaint017-1.jpg

i still have very little brakes, i put the front driveshaft in today and think its going to have room for it but i am going to notch the rear crossmember for the rear driveshaft.

jrhall said:
Front ram protection? That ****er is goin to get killed. :****:

i have not decided on a good way to add a guard to protect the ram and still be able to remove it.
has anyone tried the speed bleeders for the brakes, its the bleeders that has the ball and spring in them so i could bleed the brakes myself instead of 3 people

I used a power bleeder that hooks up to your air hose, worked pretty damn good even with cutting brakes in the system.
I got it off ebay for about 20 bux if I remember right.

Brian

1TONZR2 said:
I used a power bleeder that hooks up to your air hose, worked pretty damn good even with cutting brakes in the system.
I got it off ebay for about 20 bux if I remember right.

Brian
was it a pressure that goes on the master cyl or a vaccume style that hooks to the bleeder, i have tried the vaccume style with no luck

I have used the one man bleeder bottle from Advanced Auto and it works well. $4.00 Attaches a small hose to the end of the bleeder and crack it one at a time and WaaLaa, no air. Works for me. :****:

i have lowered the rig about 1" and ordered my limit strap. anyone have a good idea for a steering ram skid but i ran the steering the same way on my cab truck for 2 years with no problems so who nows

no updates just dont feel like finishing it right now waiting on warmer weather

i need brake help what is everyone running for their brake setups, mine is stock chevy 60 calipers on front and 3/4 ton chevy fronts calipers on the rear, my pedal setup is cnc single pedal dual master cylinders pedal length is 15" 7/8 bore for front and 3/4 bore for the back, all my lines are either 3/16 hardline or ss braided. i have bleed on the brake more than i want to think about and i cant get any air out of the system. the pedal still goes all the way to the floor, i have no pedal at all it just feels like there is air in the line. i did bench bleed the master cylinders also anyone have any good suggestions.

I noticed that the calipers are on the top,are you moving them down so that the bleeder is pointed up? If not that will trap air.

balltire said:
I noticed that the calipers are on the top,are you moving them down so that the bleeder is pointed up? If not that will trap air.

Yep, I went back and looked at the pictures, good call. That should be your problem.

I have took the rear calipers off and stood them up with a board in between the pads that way I could get all the air out that way but that is not the case all I could get was nice clean fluid any other suggestions would be great I am ready to ride this thing this is the only hold on the rig now and thanks for the help

i have made a little progress i notched the rear crossmember and flexed the rig no problems with the driveshaft now, i beat the hood back into shape and put it back on, finished up the rest of the wireing, installed my winch rope and limit straps on the back. well as far as brakes i think i have either to small of a master cylinders or to long of a pedal, i now have got the best brakes it has had so far i have the balance bar all the way to give the most to the front and it will stop the jeep but it will not slide the tires and the pedal still goes all the way to the floor. thinking about changeing my masters to a 1" bore on both front and back

here are some new pics of how it will hit the trail :dblthumb: and the final weight for the rig and with a full tank of gas is 4160
wickedyjfinish058.jpg

wickedyjfinish059.jpg

wickedyjfinish060.jpg

wickedyjfinish061.jpg