• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wicked YJ

i just got finished painting the cage and axles this is my first time painting anything other than raddle can i hope it turns out all right

thanks man well here are all the pics before i loaded it on the trailer tomorrow it is time to start putting all the fuel and brake lines on her tomorrow maybe it will be on the trail by new years booyang :woot: :woot:
wickedyjpaint018.jpg

wickedyjpaint017.jpg

wickedyjpaint022.jpg

wickedyjpaint020.jpg

wickedyjpaint019.jpg

wickedyjpaint021.jpg

wickedyjpaint024.jpg

Nice paint job. I wish mine would have turned out this nice. My paint sucked!

HotRodpayton said:
Nice paint job. I wish mine would have turned out this nice. My paint sucked!

Yah, yours did turn out pretty shitty HotRod. NOW POST UP PICTURES BEEOCH. :flipoff1:

Oh before I derail this thread totally, great job on the Wicked YJ. drool

I want to talk some trash to ya, but I'm to nervous about backing it up, it might not even crank when I get it up there. I ain't posten pics, weak or not, It's top secret! I'll pm you one for a hundred bucks.:flipoff1: :flipgotcha:

Sorry bout the thread jack, but Chasman started it! :flipoff1:

HotRodpayton said:
I want to talk some trash to ya, but I'm to nervous about backing it up, it might not even crank when I get it up there. I ain't posten pics, weak or not, It's top secret! I'll pm you one for a hundred bucks.:flipoff1: :flipgotcha:

Sorry bout the thread jack, but Chasman started it! :flipoff1:

molaugh

a little progress report the motor is back in start running the wiring for the motor, mounted the new psc pump and all of the other steering just need to plumb it all, mounted the brake master cyl. mounted fuel pump and run all the lines, winch is mounted and have started the brake lines but have ran into a problem the flareing tool i bought at auto zone sucks balls what is a good flareing tool thinking about the blue point one just dont know when the truck runs through town is that a good one or is there a better one

I use a air conditioning flaring tool. It is an all in one tool. It has selectable dies you rotate around. And a arm that comes down so you know how far to stick the tubing in. I didn't know how shitty the Advance one was until I borrowed one. It sucked balls. You are welcome to use my flaring tool but don't know how I would get it to you.

Tcameron said:
When the rig is at full bump does the rear driveshaft clear the top link crosasmember?
the drive shaft comes over the top of the cross member and should clear just fine

blacksheep10 said:
I'm worried for your front lower shock mounts, especially the passenger one
looks ****ing sweet
why :dunno:

i have made a little more progress i have all the brake lines ran, found a buddy that had all the snap on brake line tools borrowed them and man that made the flareing alot easier.

caglezxj said:
shock tabs are extended out. causing leverage on the welds. Concerned me but who know it might be ok.

and the driver side looks like it is ready to twist at any time when bouncing with it sticking that far out.