• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wide Open Designs KOH buggy build

I've been saying this for some time now but maybe woodle has the capabilities and money to do it

BUILD A THIRD MEMBER FOR A 14BOLT!!

you'll be able to have a lighter fabricated housing
you'll be able to use 14bolt aftermarket support (gears, lockers, etc)
you can have semi - quick gear changes

but I think the best benefit of all would be the ability to use them in rear engine buggies, have an ARB, 3rd pinion bearing, larger gears. - the ARB being the key to success for racing apps - not the problematic 9" arb

I have been talking with a guy that can pull it off for some time about it and we are getting some stuff lined out on this thing, but it will be a while.

Do you plan on shaving these axles? If not they are going to be huge boat anchors.

Might be a dumb question, but how did you get the sweeping arc's bent for the frame? Did you just do a million small bends?

53guy said:
Might be a dumb question, but how did you get the sweeping arc's bent for the frame? Did you just do a million small bends?

Its "rolled" tube. Special tool designed specifically for rolling tube. thumb.gif

Damn son, I mean Damn. That thing is AWESOME. I am glad there are people out there like you that know what the hell they are doing, because there are people like me that have no F-----g clue. The attention to detail is off the chart man. This is the kind of stuff legends are made out of. Nut swinger, maybe, but how can anybody argue with that kind of work. Keep it up man. thumb.gif

wontwork said:
That rig is lookin good. The rolled tube gives it nice flowing lines . thumb.gif

I agree Adam seems to have nailed the rolled tube on this one, it looks really nice and not rolled for the sake of being rolled. Well executed Adam !! thumb.gif

If you're running Triple ByPass shocks, then why did you need to run Bump Stops?

InDaShop said:
dang I just read that page on PBB and clicked all the pics. I really like the rear bumper.

Two questions

1. The radiator at that steep angle and in the back you think it will stay cool enough. Ductwork?
2. Spare tire?

It will probably need duct work for KOH. The Spare tire will be part of it probably :woody:

Cole said:
If you're running Triple ByPass shocks, then why did you need to run Bump Stops?

Because if I want to do a big crazy jump the air bump will save the chassis. Also I don't want to hurt the shocks getting them tuned in.

We have been working hard on this thing lately.

I haven't had to time to do the whole build up thing because of doing work on the buggy, but I did manage to grad some cell phone pics tonight before I left. I worked all day on the fuel cell while Jeff whipped out the exhaust.

q.jpg

f.jpg

downsized_12210819311.jpg

z.jpg

1221081925a1.jpg

Wow, top notch as always Adam. This thing needs some sticky 47" LTB's fo sho! :laughing: Those shock towers on the front are :smokin: too and a work of art.

You going to be able to test it before heading to KOH?

Fuggin Shweet dood, I expected nothing less from you though. Keep it up man, those triple bypass mounts are wicked. thumb.gif