• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

winch

Smittybuilt makes a good winch for the money, I know a few people that runs them and likes em

4wd Factory
November 17, 2011
Please take some time to check out the newest line of winches we now have available.
Click on the image below to see the winches on our website.

ENGO Winches
*Voted Best Value by Four Wheeler Magazine in their "Massive Multi-Winch Shootout"

*STARTING AT ONLY $329.99 WITH FREE SHIPPING!
The new ENGO E Series winches provide all the best features you
would want in a winch. Using state of the art Series Wound Motors,
efficient 3-Stage planetary gear train, automatic load-holding brake,
rugged hand remote, freespooling, power In and Out, stainless steel
fasteners and a standard 4 Way Galvanized Roller Fairlead. The new
E Series offers the perfect balance of speed and power giving you
the performance you need for your recovery applications.

have any of you ever heard of the RUNVA brand winch it's on E-bay and ships out of canada. It's rated at 11,000 lb with cable 399.00 shiped and wireless remote with rope it's like 485.00 shipped. what do you think about it? It's from winch warehouse.

For cheaper winches I have heard good on Engo. I had a Smittybuilt on my buggy and it was OK, finish was crap and they use that shitty honey grease on the internals. But it worked, little slow, but still pulled hard and was dependable.

I got the entry level Superwinch on my JK and it is nice for $300. Really happy with it for same money as Smitty

VR Series WARN are virtualy Identical to the M series as far as the geartrain and motor... Straight from there mouth at SEMA this year. They are under $600 also available with a rope for only $100 more.

AND they are American made not China or Taiwan.

Jimmy

I have heard good on the Warn budget series that Jimmy mentioned. If you want American made it definately costs a little more. It really comes down to budget and what you are looking for.

4wd just had a deal on the smittybuilt comp winch with rope shipped to your door for $400.

ive had smitty built and couple of warns.... loved the warns but the smittybuilt was the cheaper solution for me this past time.

From what warn has asid all there winches are built here and they all have china made parts. All the motors come from china. The VR has more Chineese parts than the others.

They are "assembled in the USA" does that mean put in a box here?

EOR MFG said:
VR Series WARN are virtualy Identical to the M series as far as the geartrain and motor... Straight from there mouth at SEMA this year. They are under $600 also available with a rope for only $100 more.

AND they are American made not China or Taiwan.

Jimmy
Profender said:
From what warn has asid all there winches are built here and they all have china made parts. All the motors come from china. The VR has more Chineese parts than the others.

They are "assembled in the USA" does that mean put in a box here?

This is true. There are not many if an parts in a warn winch that are made here in the usa anymore. All the cheaper winches are made in and assembled in china. Warn is a little better because they get to "inspect" all the parts goin into the winch upon assembly. But rest assured a warn winch will tear up just as eas as the cheaper units. We are the southeast warranty and repair center and I see a lot of winches that have been abused and then again some that have been not so abused.

I have a warn mx 12000 for 200 bucks thatneeds the mounting plates spend another 175 on the parts dirext frm warn an you have a damn good winch for under 400 dollas