• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock Security

tonybolton said:
I'm sorry for everyones experience on this. I'm sure the stress and chaos of having an event there doesn't help the attitudes received, but that's still no excuse.

I'm just a peon in the whole scheme of things, but i'll relay everyones concerns in my pre ride / post ride interactions with Security.

I invite everyone wanting to ride Windrock on a NON event day to possibly give it another shot. The park isn't much for bounty hill type riding, but if you like trail riding with some obstacles here there along the way, I think it's a great area. If anyone is unfamiliar with the area or doesn't want to get lost on gravel roads, I'd be glad to tag along and help keep you on the dirt as much as possible.

I would imagine most 1 ton stuff can cake walk most trails there....with 35-37" tire stuff would struggle on a few.

There's definitely some quirks here that aren't encountered at other parks, I know. I can understand how all this can be a large inconvenience to non-locals. The hospitality at AOP was incredible. I'd ride that park every weekend if Windrock wasn't 40min. away(vs 2hrs for AOP)

If I had your money I would be at AOP or GMP every weekend!!! :****:

We wasn't riding this time only spectating, but we were there from Friday night until this morning and had zero issues. Seems like the event went smoothly, drivers put on a good show and the Mtn Junkies put on a well planned event. The issue with the park security is as stated above is really a negative impact situation whether park officials want to admit it or not. No matter if they have had a bad day or not that is the profession they chose to be in and the fact remains they are in an authority role such as normal police officers and we all know the issues out there these days. Being a **** head gets you no where and no respect so why do it? As far as the drinking thing goes, I do choose to do a little drinking while riding as do most people in this sport believe it or not. I know some don't agree with it but that's the choice we make. The cooler check thing is total BS no matter if your for it or against it and we have only been once since this new "rule" has been implemented. If we pay to ride there and sign the waiver then its a personal choice each person makes. We have been told it is due to trash, local police etc...whatever the reason REALLY is I don't know? If you choose to leave **** faced drunk you know the consequences of your actions. I know this sounds like a "pro drinking" rant but I feel its what the real underlying issue is? Maybe Im way off base here? If someone is balls to the wall riding through hell yeah - pull em over, speak your piece and move along because I'm pretty sure 99% of us are adults and realize that keeping the dumb ass antics to a minimum decrease the attention you draw to yourself or a group.

I completely understand......

Windrock is a very large park and there is unbelievable amount of ****ery that can go on anywhere in the umpteen thousand acres. Mostly due to trash left everywhere on the mountain and fear of rouge created trails in/around/through water areas, Windrocks best course of action is to police the 1 or 3 area's of entry to stop it all.

Unfortunately when you mention beer/alcohol riding to anyone, the immediate stereotype is that you're some badass no ****s giving hardass running kids over and doing oil changes in the creeks.

The park isn't for everyone, that's for sure. I'm sure I'd have your same feelings if they turned it into an ATV/SXS only park and turned Jeeps/Buggys away due to erosion reasons. I'd be forced to find another outlet to throw my money away. Either a longer drive to somewhere else, or take up under water basket weaving. :(

Tony, that wasn't a "bitch at tony post" either nor am I a "F&@! The popo" guy but it is a concern among people I have talked to as well. :drinkers:

Just gonna throw my .02 in here as well. I am a local and ride Windrock a lot...also a member of the TNMJ ORC. I personally have had the same run in's with security there as well... I agree that the attitude with some of them can suck, a few in particular are worse than others. A little respect on both sides can go a long way.

However, as most folks know Brimstone is way more relaxed with their security. That being said, I invite anyone to go to Brimstone on a BIG event. It's stupid! The amount of drunks and idiots is overwhelming…folks getting hurt, killed or worse. To the point I personally can not enjoy myself :drinkers:. It will make you appreciate the effort Windrock puts into safety and security. :****:

The security guy there that used to drive the hummer is a stand up dude. I've never seen him be a prick to anyone. I wish I knew his name. He may be in a pathfinder or something now. I can't remember. He has a daughter at the school I work at and has always been as friendly as can be. I've met some others up there I'd like to relinquish them of a few teeth.

Re: Re: Windrock Security

pholmann said:
The security guy there that used to drive the hummer is a stand up dude. I've never seen him be a prick to anyone. I wish I knew his name. He may be in a pathfinder or something now. I can't remember. He has a daughter at the school I work at and has always been as friendly as can be. I've met some others up there I'd like to relinquish them of a few teeth.
I think that was the dude that stopped us. Super nice dude, we were breaking a few rules when we first got there and he explained what we were doing wrong and that he just wanted to let me know before I ran into someone else. Seen him 2 days later when I had a couple friends behind me and he just asked if all my friends had their passes and no alcohol in their cooler and took my word for it when I told him know. Looking back I wish I would've told to act all hard and be a **** to one of my friends just as a joke.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Windrock Security

onepieceatatime said:
I think that was the dude that stopped us. Super nice dude, we were breaking a few rules when we first got there and he explained what we were doing wrong and that he just wanted to let me know before I ran into someone else. Seen him 2 days later when I had a couple friends behind me and he just asked if all my friends had their passes and no alcohol in their cooler and took my word for it when I told him know. Looking back I wish I would've told to act all hard and be a **** to one of my friends just as a joke.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That sounds like him. He obviously doesn't feel he has anything to prove or any pent up feeling about not being able to hack it as a real cop. He just loves the park. I'm not sure what his actual job is. He lives in north Knox. I see his daughter at work and she always asks me about how my new buggy is coming along. She may have graduated last year. I've heard some horror stories about the Barney fife security guards up there ****ing with people for no real reason. I get they have a job to do and rules to uphold. I would say they do get a lot of **** from the entitlement generation mainly. You know the ones I'm talking about. Those little ****s with a squatter assed truck or letting all over their windshield that says dirty money or clean money or daddy's money or some other cock gobbling gay ass bullshit like that.

pholmann said:

I think that's Brent. He's like the water/enviro/something/something guru, but he's like a do-all feller. All around good dude.

Who's buddy was it the C.E. got out the back of the cop car and let go?

Some guy was speeding thru the camp ground in a RZR and Oliver springs PD put him in the car. The head of security came talked them out of taking him to jail. Let him go and made him walk.

For every bad experience up there I'm sure there is is 100 people that get a brake.

BTW it was an orange RZR that talked to you.

Hey Tony is the park pretty much open year round? I`ve only been once but, was thinking about coming up there this year for thanksgiving or the week after xmas with my family. My girls want to camp and I figured the weather would be better for camping around then. Just really want to get on the main trails first and see the park. last time we were there we didn`t see a quarter of it.

I know it can go either way. I have been there a couple of times and I do get sick of the no drinking thing but the security guys have always been pretty cool. I try to always show them respect and I think it goes a long ways.

We knew beer was not allowed, but on a Thursday.... we were good for sure. Soon as we hit the parking lot we got swarmed by a couple of security/police. They searched our coolers and found a case of beer. They explained the new rules and took our beer, we were pissed! Then dude walked up and asked what camp site we were in, he drove the beer back and put it in our coolers for us. Thought that was as good as it could have been handled considering.

He explained the main reason being the trash left all over, and boy was he rite there was **** left all over the mountain!

snoball said:
He explained the main reason being the trash left all over, and boy was he rite there was **** left all over the mountain!

i think AOP has the right idea on this. They have garbage cans at every major trail intersection, cans all over the camping area and random ones on the popular trails. i know Windrock is fawkin huge and that's probably not feasible, but it's an idea.