• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wiring my sb chevy

Turd Polisher

Anyone have a simple wiring diagram to make my life easier....gotta wire up my junk today. Thanks!

Attachments

• 947smalleryet.jpg
    947smalleryet.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 76
Ok. super simple.
All you really need is an ignition hot to the distributor and the choke(if it has one).
Then you will need an ignition hot to the exciter circuit of the alternator and then a wire from the main lug on the back of the alt to the battery.
Then a crank voltage(push button) to the starter and then a large guage cable from the starter to the battery.

Thats all you need to make it run...

Another thing I like to do is put a diode inline with the exciter circuit. What that does is keeps voltage feedback from occuring when you turn the rig off and causing the distributor to get a lil voltage and keep running... But if the 2 ignition circuits are totoaly isolated when you shut down power its not needed (perfect example would having 2 toggle switch's or relays--one for each ignition feed--if it feeds back it dead ends at the switch/contact). Unlike if you run one toggle/relay since the circuits are joined on the back side of the switched voltage it will walk thru the circuit to the distributor

Something to think about..