• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Won't be Long

Re: Want be Long

Well just got back from picking up my jeep in Tenn. I am extremely happy with the new motor so far. Its a Torque monster. The Gas pedal will take some time to get used to and I think I need some different springs up front but other than that it rocks. Woodlee and his Dad did an awesome job, they rewired my entire jeep damn its alot better and squeezed that fatass motor in without having to chop anything up. Will post pics tomorrow.

U wanted pics here they are.
DSC00721.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

New fuel pump in my old tank.
DSC00728.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

Ron Davis
DSC00729.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00738.jpg

How hot does that ass get with the rad that close to the seats ? Did you always run the rad in the rear ?

When you say get used to the pedal, whats different ? I know its fly by wire but what do you need to get used to ?

Cant wait to see it with the new motor , she outta be a hoss

P said:
How hot does that ass get with the rad that close to the seats ? Did you always run the rad in the rear ?

When you say get used to the pedal, whats different ? I know its fly by wire but what do you need to get used to ?

Cant wait to see it with the new motor , she outta be a hoss

Don't think the radiator will be that bad, Camerons is in the same place and so is Bobs. Should feel good in the winter.

The pedal has a little delay but not bad, its hard to explain. If your stopped and just flat foot it, it takes a second to take off.
If your rolling along about 1500 RPMs and nail it, it throws you back in the seat. Awesome.

Need some heavier springs, got any?

It was made for your jeep. Looks good. I don't think the delay will be as bad as you think, and you probably want notice after a few rides.

My buggy has the same delay. I think it has to be from the Drive By Wire on the pedal.

And on the pedal, watch out for were it doglegs left up near the top. I made a full throttle hill descent cause my foot came off the brake pedal and hooked that part of the pedal. thumb.gif

Also, you may look at sliding a piece of aluminum down in front of those tubes behind your seat. That will keep the heat from radiating on you. But on yours you'll need to balance the size of that with the amount of airflow you're going to block in front of that Ron Davis.

Woodlee did a badass job, everything there looks like it should, like its factory, and very very professional.

InDaShop said:
Woodlee did a badass job, everything there looks like it should, like its factory, and very very professional.

I can't say enough for what they did, there are alot of little things they did that you can't see from pictures. I know that if I ever have a buggy built it will be by him and his Dad.

My top springs are 12" and are 250's, I need some that are 400lbs.

have you drove it much yet? hows it feel compared to the SBC?
my Avy has that motor and the fly by wire pedal....its different for sure. I am sure your Jeep will haul ass....
looks clean and very professional man! props to those guys! :drinkers:

Brian

Man, they stuffed that engine in there. It looks awesome, but what do you expect from Woodlee.

Wow that is some clean work! :drinkers:

I noticed that the tube going to the tstat housing it welded to the engine cage. Any possible issues in a hard roll of that jamming into the tsat housing and causing more damage? Have to be a REAL hard hit I guess and at that point, you may have more things to worry about than that part. dunno

Haven't driven it that much just a little at Woodlees yesterday, we made some drag style passes in the field beside the shop The torque is unreal, kills the SBC but the SBC kills the BB on topend. it does sorta run out on top end, but shift gears and it comes alive. I am extremely happy with the power. You can ask Woodlee, I was sorta down the other day because I spent more than I had planned but once I got to drive the jeep I was all good.
The drive by Wire isn't that bad, don't think it will affect anything.

Im not that worried about the tubing, I am sure Woodlee can take care of it if I destroy it.

looks good cole can't wait to see it in action. congrats :flipoff1:

Very nice.....why do you think you would only get 15k for that rig? It is tits.

wngrog said:
Very nice.....why do you think you would only get 15k for that rig? It is tits.

Thanks for the compliment, I didn't think I would only get 15k there is no way in hell I would sale it for 15k. I was using the other half of the money for labor, because I don't have the skills to build something.
I will probably keep it because I have way to much money invested in it, and I really like it. Just needs some 2" axles and maybe some swaybars, but I will work on getting those next year.

Bring it out to MM this weekend. I'm sure you want a rematch on Los Primos. I would say you need a shake down run , but it seems if it comes out Woodlees it's ready to go out the box.

kid rok said:
Bring it out to MM this weekend. I'm sure you want a rematch on Los Primos. I would say you need a shake down run , but it seems if it comes out Woodlees it's ready to go out the box.

I wish I could, but I have to work.