• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Woodlee We Need Pics

BamaTJ

Hardline Crawler
Of McCracken's Jeep that is. I heard you have it up there, haven't seen it since Big Supper owned it thumb.gif

BamaTJ said:
Of McCracken's Jeep that is. I heard you have it up there, haven't seen it since Big Supper owned it thumb.gif

HAHA, I don't think there is anything left of it except drivetrain. I didn't even recognize it when I picked my jeep up.
Last time I talked to Woodlee, he only had the frame done I believe.

Man Y'all know I don't let much out about what goes on around here :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

But I will give up some details.

383 Engine That dynoed 450ish and 530 ft/lbs of torque
th 400
Atlas T case
60 and 14 bolt all dressed up with chromoly axles and joints
4 air bumps
coil overs
sway bars front and rear
44 in tires.
New 4 link with 1.25 Heim joints All the way around.
Custom cage that is able to sit four people
Simple dash
New square tube frame
New be cool cooling system

Goal of this project is to build a Jeep that will start with 25 in of ground clearance at the belly pan and sit on higher than 78in(6 ft 6in) tall. Will have at lest 6 inches of up travel all the way around( I hope to squeeze out more) Be stable as a race car and handle some speed with a decent ride. Y'all know I have got to put a hot motor in it and it has got to hold up to the abuse. This one is being built for straight up cleanliness and there are no spiked brackets or any thing. Every thing on this one just flows from one piece to the other. The cage will be raked back as always and some will say it will have to many bars but that is my style.

All in all just a fun ride with good parts that Ron can depend on for a while.

Adam Woodlee
Wide Open Design

Can you have to many tubes?
What wheel base are you going for?

Sounds like a sweet ride from the specs.

wontwork said:
Can you have to many tubes?
What wheel base are you going for?

Sounds like a sweet ride from the specs.

It was a very nice rig that would go anywhere before, I am sure it will be unreal now

Wheel base will be some where between 114 and 120. I better make up my mind because the four link should be done by tommorrow.

Thanks for the props guys!

Adam Woodlee
Wide Open Design

I will try to dig up some pics of when it came here. It was pitiful. The body had been half painted a sand blasted frame and some 31in street tires on it. No interior and wires hanging every where. I was like Cole I didn't even recognize it. You defiantly won't recognize it when it leaves this time though.

This is when Big Supper owned it:
Tellico020.jpg

Tellico021.jpg

BIG BRUNCH !!

Im glad you cut the back of the frame off... that big huge hangy down frame addition was UGLY

Jeep worked real well though !! thumb.gif Be cool to see her updated and sessay

Wellllll,you know i've got to take advantage of this one.There's no dought that you(Woodlee) can build it,the question is who is Mclight-righ -foot going to get to drive it like it's built to drive?Sorry,don't know what made me do that.No ride Pops

Just a Up date for you guys. All of the link mounts are done and tacked in. Just waiting on the link bars to be drilled and tapped, then I Made the new transmission tunnel and have it all tacked into place. Made the seats fit where they need to be and I about to start on the cage. Got some good ideas going on in my head and I'm a little excited about getting them done.

More than anything I have been doing a lot of leg work to get a new buggy started. It is alot of work just getting every thing lined up to be able to start fab work on a big project. So hopefully after I get Ron's done I can move right on to fab on a new project with no down time of waiting on parts.

I'll get some sneak pics up soon.

th_90375_Flat_Nasty_2007_082_122_400lo.jpg

New Engine Mounted on Motor Plates
th_90377_Flat_Nasty_2007_088_122_828lo.jpg

th_90388_Flat_Nasty_2007_089_122_941lo.jpg

Drivers Side Of the New Tunnel
th_90394_Flat_Nasty_2007_090_122_259lo.jpg

th_90396_Flat_Nasty_2007_098_122_48lo.jpg

th_90400_Flat_Nasty_2007_100_122_350lo.jpg

passenger side of the new tunnle
th_90401_Flat_Nasty_2007_108_122_941lo.jpg

Front Axle Truss Before it was installed