• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Would you buy a car with past "flood damage"

Not so sure it's a cream puff. The rear quarter has been painted before. Looks like they used omni paint from the way it's peeling . Life on that paint is about 5 yrs max if left out side. I'd pull the trunk interior and see how bad it's been hit in the rear. Water damage and previous wreck I don't think it would really be worth much at all. Not ragging on you just my opinion from the picture and what's been said about the car. Good luck on what you decide to do.

Drivers quarter has no filler and unless it was replaced with a used one its never been replaced because they dont make replacement quarters for 94-98 mustangs. Inside trunk there are no wrinkles. Im honestly not concerned about the car im just asking about flood vehicles in general. As far as carfax all it showed was date it was issued flood damage and date it passed inspection.

Oh it has filler in it you just haven't found it yet. When you have to shoot a quarter you gotta blend almost the whole panel unless there is a body line you can stop at.

Sometimes it's just a small dent with paint damage and the body guy has to bring it up a bit then skim over it with filler and prep for paint. Doesn't always mean there was a major collision.

I'd drive the snot out of it. I like the car

Well you cant without a ton of work get to bottom side but by removing trunk inner panels its straight. Everyone is getting off topic here though lol. The threads about flood vehicles in general not nit pick a parts car lol.

Ok, I wouldn't buy another flood car unless I needed parts as a donor vehicle. They have terrible resale value and are branded for life

I wasn't trying to pick the car apart. It s the body man curse..as far a flood car if I found something I liked I'd check acouple of the under dash and hood connections if they don't look bad. I'd buy it and drive the **** out of it. :driving:

How did the rebuilt title process go? I'm trying to rebuild an F150 with a flood salvage title, and I'm curious how hard it's going to be to title it.

Are you in TN?

When I bought the car it had a title that looked like any other title, just under remarks it said flood damage. Its sad to say if the owner hadn't been honest and told me on phone this cars a flood car id never looked and seen it. So I have no clue what process is, I registered it just like any other registration and insurance company told me if I put full coverage on it since its so old if I was to total it the flood parts wouldn't really change anything. Although I was feeling insurance out for future items I am looking at and he used a 2011 mustang gt as an example. Current payback for a total loss on one was 16-22k depending on options and so on. He said if it was to have been a flood or salvage 2011 Mustang gt Check for loss would be 12-18k