• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wrangler front suspension.

wentz912

Ok how the heck does the front suspension on wranglers work, the ones with front leafs i mean, i dont understand why you would use leaf springs with shackles on both ends? seems to me like you would need to use a bunch of track bars and such like with coils, which would deplete the purpose of staying with leaf springs wouldnt it? someone kick me if im just being a duma$$

wentz912 said:
Ok how the heck does the front suspension on wranglers work, the ones with front leafs i mean, i dont understand why you would use leaf springs with shackles on both ends? seems to me like you would need to use a bunch of track bars and such like with coils, which would deplete the purpose of staying with leaf springs wouldnt it? someone kick me if im just being a duma$$

your being a dumbass. A YJ has shackles in the front only.

thanks for that, i was wondering what the eff was going on. So its just an odd thing that they put the shackle on the other end of the spring as is normally seen, or am i being an idiot there too? i guess that would actually make more sense, to lengthen the wheelbase under compression and make it more stable.

wentz912 said:
thanks for that, i was wondering what the eff was going on. So its just an odd thing that they put the shackle on the other end of the spring as is normally seen, or am i being an idiot there too? i guess that would actually make more sense, to lengthen the wheelbase under compression and make it more stable.
BINGO