• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wrangler roll bar

IROK

hey guys my wrangler just has the cheesy stock roll bar for now,what my question is,i'm wanting to add a cross bar for harness's to hook to and was wanting to make it removable so when not wheeling i can take it out to make it easier for the kids to get in.I thought about welding 2 tabs on each side so the cross bar could slide into then just bolt it in with a grade 8 3/8 bolt.do you think that would be strong enough? i plan on changing to a full cage but right now with the economy its baby steps.

I fit were me, I'd save the time and effort and little bit of $$ this would require, and put that toward building the full cage....

I am surprised Ty didn't just say "Tie it into your exhaust....":redneck:

The removable harness bar is a good idea if you have to. As long as you attach it well, I don't see why it would be a problem. My harness bar acts as a foot rest for my kids. I put some rollcage padding on it, and they love it. Getting them in and out is still easy.

Just messin with ya' TY.:;

thanks guys,i new i could rely on you guys versus the guys on pb,they just think everyone one is stupid.