• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

XRRA vote on classes

Caddishack18

Here ya go guys the XRRA is contemplating making two clases for us. One is a two seat class and yhe other a single seat class. So far the Series isnt dominated by either, although the the west was won by a two seater and the east is being split with a two seater. My opinion is to leave the cass alone and "run what ya brung". Keep in mind if we split the class we also split the purse money. Thats gonna make most of us thing twice about hauling long distances to only run against 10-15 rigs, and $750 to win. Just wanted to start you thinking before the question hits you this weekend.

I agree with ya Brian, I dont see a need or reason to split classes.

Who is pushing this?

If there was a clear advantage, you would see more people building series specific vehicles.

I could potentially be in favor of multiple classes, but not based on seats. Obviously, after single seat cars being rock raced for several years, it doesnt matter. XRRA might be themed as "run what ya brung" but we all know that an old yota trail rig will not be competitive with a Campbel Ent. rock racer. That being said, I would be in favor of another class that promoted more grass roots efforts for the average joe trail wheeler with limited time and dollars. :popcorn:

B Gillespie said:
I could potentially be in favor of multiple classes, but not based on seats. Obviously, after single seat cars being rock raced for several years, it doesnt matter. XRRA might be themed as "run what ya brung" but we all know that an old yota trail rig will not be competitive with a Campbel Ent. rock racer. That being said, I would be in favor of another class that promoted more grass roots efforts for the average joe trail wheeler with limited time and dollars. :popcorn:

Exactly, and why I said.. Can O Worms. laughing1 How do you promote or limit / classify "average joe" class. :dunno:

Not only that but average joe XRRA would require differnt tracks or obstacles to keep them together enough to keep action high. Can O Worms

The courses can be the same, most XRRA courses could be ran by any average joe trail wheeler that was interested in competing.

Would said average joe be willing to commit to compete? A much cheaper entry fee and much lower payout could be enough to seperate the classes. Muchado pays $50 to wheel against others in a web wheeler duel of the millineum whereas Shirley pays $400 to get beat by his son or the Lovells. Crawl mag can throw a couple of shots of Muchado in their dumbasses page in their next issue and do main coverage of "pros" like Shirley and Campbell.

x2, I'd love to have a class for lower budget rigs. Something along the lines of, "You need 50% of an OEM frame and tires 37" or smaller" might do the trick. It's difficult to keep the high dollar guys from dominating anything but it's a start.

As for different courses, I'm not so sure. Based on videos (dangerous I know) I think I could finish just about every XRRA course this year if I took it trail ride style and picked my lines, backed up, etc. Obviously I wouldn't win anything but it tells me that a single course should be ok for both classes.

vanguard said:
x2, I'd love to have a class for lower budget rigs. Something along the lines of, "You need 50% of an OEM frame and tires 37" or smaller" might do the trick. It's difficult to keep the high dollar guys from dominating anything but it's a start.

As for different courses, I'm not so sure. Based on videos (dangerous I know) I think I could finish just about every XRRA course this year if I took it trail ride style and picked my lines, backed up, etc. Obviously I wouldn't win anything but it tells me that a single course should be ok for both classes.

Youd time out or break on the Grayrock Course... I promise you. Yes alot of them are doable, but some of them are plain abusive as can possibly be out some rain on it the night before and forget about it... ... Hannibal was another that would punish trail rigs i think from pics.

Can O Worms

If you start adding a class that allows the masses in then it should be run on a different day. 4-8 hours out there with the current field is long enough. Cut the entry fee and get a bunch of **** slingers out there will be fun, but it will kill the fan base. The fast, short races keep the peeps in the chairs watching. Adding a bunch of broken-down trucks with locals in them on race day is a bad idea.

That said, I like the run-what-you-brung thing MUCH better.

wngrog said:
If you start adding a class that allows the masses in then it should be run on a different day. 4-8 hours ...is long enough. Adding a bunch of broken-down trucks with locals in them on race day is a bad idea.

I agree. The same day as tech (usually Friday) would be cool.

RockMidget, you got spare time and resource, you should organize a venue that parrellels on a budget level that XRRA style racing for club and or trails.

Something along the lines of the King Of The Hill race thats held annually in Huntsville but travelling a bit and having an over all points chase !

Heck yea that would kick some ass and be a good way to get the masses back involved like it used to be in the early years of ARCA :afro:

Be like a feeder series like Busch league to Nascar or whatever ( I dont know the exact names of them, but you know what i mean )

P said:
Spend alot of money or just go trail ride ..... :flipoff1:

pretty much... I ain't gonna even try to run wit da $$$$big dogs$$$$

no hate, I just ain't got the cheddar to do it! I would if I could though!

Whoa guys..... simple idea here, they arent talking about starting another low buck class. They are talking about splitting what we already have. Keep in mind if we split the cars we also split the purse, each class will run for half as much. I dont see any one type of car dominating, keep in mind i have only ran a single seat rig for half the year, and I placed in Moab in my Caddi. If we do need a "feeder" class or assn. to be an entry level class so be it, but thats not whats going to be asked of us at tech.

I have no problem, and would support an entry class, run it on Sunday. They did it in Bama with the "Exhibition" class.

The current setup works. The Weavers try to get a balance between drivers wanting more seat time, and fast courses that keep the crowd involved and going. I think they have done an awesome job.

I don't see any reason to split the classes at all. Driver skill and luck factors in more than 1 seat vs 2 seat rig if you ask me.