• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

XRRA vote on classes

Caddishack18 said:
Whoa guys..... simple idea here, they arent talking about starting another low buck class. They are talking about splitting what we already have. Keep in mind if we split the cars we also split the purse, each class will run for half as much. I dont see any one type of car dominating, keep in mind i have only ran a single seat rig for half the year, and I placed in Moab in my Caddi. If we do need a "feeder" class or assn. to be an entry level class so be it, but thats not whats going to be asked of us at tech.

Yep understood I answered the tangent posts laughing1

I don't see advantage/disadvantage other than if you're shannon, brian, levi or lovell's you whoop err'y one's ass... you got old, young, straight and gay all in that mix LMAO

InDaShop said:
I have no problem, and would support an entry class, run it on Sunday. They did it in Bama with the "Exhibition" class.

The current setup works. The Weavers try to get a balance between drivers wanting more seat time, and fast courses that keep the crowd involved and going. I think they have done an awesome job.

I don't think you would see much constant participation in a feeder series. Just not enough money. If a person could afford to travel around and participate in a series, they would just enter the main event. The only way a feeder series works is if there is a cap on the participants of the main event based on number, points, or money. The feeder series allows the elite in that series to advance to the main event by whatever means established. Currently there is no cap on entries for the main event (that I am aware of). You just pay your entry fees, pass tech, then race. I do like the exhibition races the day before or after. It gives the local guy a chance to be exposed to that form of racing. Then they can make a decision if it is something that they want to persue

Derail.....

MUCHADO said:
RROCK is a great example of a feeder series.

Tom and Debbie run great events. Im not crazy about Hannibal, but they are certainly working with what they have.

MUCHADO said:
MOROC is up and coming as well.

Has the promotor worked out his problems? A few years ago, he has having a lot of trouble organizing events.

DavidsCJ7 said:
These are not feeder series. They are their own series.

I'd argue RROCK as a feeder, they work closely with WEROCK.

Comps r teh gayness so suck awf :flipoff1: (or maybe i am juzzz jealous cuz I can't fford a competitive rig laughing1 :flipoff1:)

If they want to improve XRRA I think the best thing to do would make it more spectator friendly. Right now with the one class it's easy(er) to follow who's winning, etc. We need more spectators IMO, that's what is going to help it grow.

I don't race XRRA but I do love the format they have and think it should not change. If you cut the classes you cut the prize money and with fuel and expenses the way they are every little bit helps.

I do run MOROC and it has all the classes you need from mod stock to unlimited. Lucky dog and some others have ran the whole season with us and it has been a great time. The promoter is working very hard and the events keep getting better each time. Might be worth coming down and checking one of the last 2 events.

This has been kicked around for over two years now, it is just now coming to light, no low buck classes, people will not stay and watch them. I say it stays the same, run what you unload and don't cry about it. thumb.gif

I say add some bleachers to comp sites thumb.gif

When we went to the Laughlin Leap(SCORE) was bleachers and you fit a shatton of fans in there... also, summer races at night would be the ****!!!