• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

yakima wheeling

madhatter

Who do i call or talk to to wheel in yakima. Just moved here and have no one to guide me or wheel with. I come from the south sound so im used to elbe evans tahuya naches. But havent found any local people in my area that build and wheel

Hoping to find some people to show me around the lt murray or local spots. Got to be some v notches or rock places close by. And yes i know naches is close.

There are a LOT of Jeep and 4x4 clubs in the Yakima area, if you want. The Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association has a list of clubs, that you can contact members. Web site is www.pnw4wda.org . I know the Jeeping Nomads and Shindig Wheelers are both active groups. : http://www.pnw4wda.org/clubs-r4.php

Or, you can buzz up to the Naches Forest Service (couple miles away, in the town of Naches) for the next TWIG meeting. Think it's Dec 2nd at 7pm. You'll meet a lot of dedicated folks, whom wheel these areas a lot. TWIG stands for Trail and Wilderness Interest Group. While you're there, you can get a good map of the area.

Or, you can talk to one of the local wheeler shops in Yakima. Insanity Fabrication is over that way.

Or, you can simply hang around here, and you'll meet some folks going that away.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Im a pnw member/delegate. Im familiar with those references. I guess i just dont see much activity around here. I could catch the twig meeting if im off work.

I am in Cle Elum and there is some stuff off 97 headed up blewet. I haven't explored much on this side as of yet. I'm still in the build process. So I'm down just to meet up and drink beer at this point.:beer:

I am in Cle Elum and there is some stuff off 97 headed up blewet. I haven't explored much on this side as of yet. I'm still in the build process. So I'm down just to meet up and drink beer at this point.:beer:

Liberty...:awesomework:

Does liberty have size restrictions. I wheel fullsize chevys. Also i will be at the slab ohv on feb 7 if anyone is interested

I have been wheeling alone the last couple months. Exploring the lt murry. Found a few on the net that have rigs. But seen no one offroad. Doing a propane swap this weekend and then looking for some steep hills to test. Im in selah if anyone wants to hang around a garage and see a diff get welded

I have been wheeling alone the last couple months. Exploring the lt murry. Found a few on the net that have rigs. But seen no one offroad. Doing a propane swap this weekend and then looking for some steep hills to test. Im in selah if anyone wants to hang around a garage and see a diff get welded

It will warp less, if you preheat it first. Been there, done that.

Not alot of room for a full size over here but there are tons of areas to check out. This is a very active wheeling community. There will be an up coming pnw region 4 meeting in selah.

Keep em' tight

Trail Beast.............I totally agree on not taking full size rigs to Rimrock or Liberty. Those trails have been opened up enough through the years.

Trail Beast.............I totally agree on not taking full size rigs to Rimrock or Liberty. Those trails have been opened up enough through the years.

Our Suburban and crewcab adventure club is planning a few weekend fun runs out there this summer. :awesomework: