• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yj front axle options

417chevy

So I've heard 78 and 79 ford dana 60s "bolt right up is there other options? Probably won't have 44 live so what are my options here have waggy springs under it don't really want to outboard my springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want "bolt right up" then you'll need to find a YJ Dana 30. If you want to put a 60 under it then you need to study up on swapping one in......... There is a metric **** ton of info about it considering everybody and their daddyuncle has done it.

Should be no need to "outboard" your springs but to keep them where they are on the frame, I'd bet you'll have to move the perches.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachments/jeep-hardcore-tech/472872d1255757390-ford-dana-60-width-yj-jeep-july2009-003.jpg

https://www.google.com/#q=yj+dana+60+swap+site:www.pirate4x4.com

muddinmetal said:
You realize you have to finish it for that to be true, right?
Ha yeah just trying to get some parts priced together at the moment I have the rear now need front just trying to figure out what to look for is the 60 my only option in strength?

Read good things about d44 from f250. Read they were chromoly axles/stubs and held up to 39s depending on the power and weight. I ran waggy d44 under a converted s10 blazer and NEVER had any trouble but i only had a stock 4.3.

417chevy said:
Ha yeah just trying to get some parts priced together at the moment I have the rear now need front just trying to figure out what to look for is the 60 my only option in strength?

What side drop is your tcase? Rockwells are always the answer IMO, but it's your pony, ride it how ever you want

I bet as much as u ride u can just get away witb a 44 front and u will save some money....just get it together go tear it some and if u break a shaft so what..then later on throw a 60 in it

X2 in the 5tons. I just put 2.5 under a buggy, I've really been kicking myself for not going with 5's

If you are looking to build an axle find a dana 50 for knuckles and a d60-80, ford 9in, or 14b for the center section. Then build your own.

muddinmetal said:
What side drop is your tcase? Rockwells are always the answer IMO, but it's your pony, ride it how ever you want
Rockwell are out of the budget

rednecklights said:
Let's be nice.

What size tires do you plan on running ?

What engine/tcase do you plan on running ?

- Piper
39.5 tsl
472 built big block chevy
Th400 and 205 case