• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zero turn mowers, What's crap what's good?

Re:

Wish i had the money you guys have to buy one lol....i only have an acre so just gonna get some kind of small lawn tractor. Saw a cub cadet ztr with honda but still out of my price range ugh

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Re:

Yeah don't really wanna do anything on credit. I have excellent credit though

Ya I didn't either but you gotta do what you gotta do. I didn't have 5k right then to drop on a mower so 105$ a month until I have the liquid capital to pay it off. Mower died. Grass continued to grow.

Re:

offroadman83 said:
Yeah don't really wanna do anything on credit. I have excellent credit though

I'm with pholmann my gravely was on zero percent. Paid it off within a year.

I had rather keep money in my account drawing a little interest than in theirs. I feel like that is pretty logical thinking. Make me money or make them some.

Exactly. Plus it keeps your credit score high. Your better off to buy at 0% than pay cash if your money is drawing any interest at all.

Re:

I did 4 years 0% on mine. Costs nothing extra and in 2 years, I've paid out half of the cost of the mower.

Two years to go and no intentions of paying off early.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Re:

Hmmmm Kubota makes a sweet "commercial" residential mower now. Gotta research these more.

Found some prices for a 54" on a random dealer's website for just a fuzz over $5k.

http://youtu.be/6Lixxzf7qjQ

Thing sho is sweet. $5779 promo price. 54" with 25 hp Kohler. 3100 transmissions.

253bb68a2bae424894ae2a28a8858c86.jpg

dc602e3a4fc397fac0a5b2afab87bda5.jpg

1a7cfebbaa91e2ea7a5fbdc6283d6f74.jpg

bf517bd1e1f854e8ed9fcf48dc9498f1.jpg

Safe to say he likes big orange equipment lol

61f025913782c211c36295821d5c20ce.jpg

That sounds like working smart. I just mowed my whole yard in 2 hours. It used to take me 5 hrs. The new mower makes all the difference.

pholmann said:
That sounds like working smart. I just mowed my whole yard in 2 hours. It used to take me 5 hrs. The new mower makes all the difference.

That's the badass kind of results I'm looking for! When we buy the new house next year, we are going to rent her house and my house out and I may offer tennants something like me keeping the yard mowed at least every 2 weeks for an extra $75 a month. Her house is the one with the big yard, nearly 3 acres. I don't see many tennants mowing or paying someone to mow all that **** and I don't want it growing up like a jungle.

Had a bunch of **** typed and deleted the post somehow. I think the Kubota Kommander only goes up to 54" and after that you get into the commercial $$$ stuff.....which for what I have to mow with ditches, big hill, and around a bunch of tractor implements and ****, I believe the 54" should be the sweet spot. I just need the power to cut grass while haulin ass, and a 54" will be 12" added cutting width over my current mower. Should be a very significant time reduction. As of now, I'm pretty sold on the Kommander.

Friend of mine just listed his Hustler Raptor SD 54" 100 hours on it for sale for $4200 with a trailer and a new suspension seat, but I think I've about talked myself out of a Hustler. Gonna call him and ask him what he thought about it. That Kubota turns me on for some reason. :****:

TacomaJD said:
Had a bunch of **** typed and deleted the post somehow. I think the Kubota Kommander only goes up to 54" and after that you get into the commercial $$$ stuff.....which for what I have to mow with ditches, big hill, and around a bunch of tractor implements and ****, I believe the 54" should be the sweet spot. I just need the power to cut grass while haulin ass, and a 54" will be 12" added cutting width over my current mower. Should be a very significant time reduction. As of now, I'm pretty sold on the Kommander.

Friend of mine just listed his Hustler Raptor SD 54" 100 hours on it for sale for $4200 with a trailer and a new suspension seat, but I think I've about talked myself out of a Hustler. Gonna call him and ask him what he thought about it. That Kubota turns me on for some reason. :****:
[/quot

The hustler raptor is a better mower. Not trying to turn this into a pissing match but you would 1000 hustlers to 1 Kubota! If the Kubota floats your boat than get it. Good luck **** ain't cheap no matter what you get

No pissing match, just facts. I don't see how the raptor would be better?

Raptor has 2800 trannys and the Kubota has the commercial grade 3100 trannys.

Raptor goes 7.5mph, Kubota goes 8mph (no real difference there)

Raptor has Kohler 7000 engine, Kubota has Kohler engine made specifically for Kubota and engine warranty handled through Kubota, not Kohler

Raptor has 11 gauge deck, and the Kubota only has 10 gauge deck, but the Raptor has 4.5" deep deck and the Kubota has 5" deep deck.

The frame on both looks to be of top tier fabrication and strength.

The method of deck adjustment by turning a knob on the Kubota trumps moving the pin on the Raptor.

Kubota has 4 year warranty, Raptor has 3 year.

The Kubota Kommander is about the same as a Hustler Fastrak, which obviously is better than the Raptor, so I don't get it? :dunno: :stir:

Re:

Can't go wrong with Kubota. Couple of guys at work bought the Kommander series and are pleased with them. My opinion, which doesn't matter, their diesel ZDs are the best thing made, EVER. But, you could pay someone to mow your grass, from now on, for what they cost.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk