• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zero turn mowers, What's crap what's good?

Re:

The kubota has foot pedal for deck raising too, it's just to adjust height, you push foot pedal and turn a knob beside the seat instead of having to lean over and move a pin. It's definitely a better system. But that's not a make it or break it for the sale.

All the raptor sd 54's around here are $3,999 and of course would have to pay taxes. I may check on a new one at Terry's, sounds like it wouldn't be much more than what I'd be giving for my buddy's.

Ah hell naw. I would buy a used commercial one before a rinky dink. Them 2 guys above are over 10k new. Now I realize ya just cuttin your yard .. But dam them home owner deals. My dad got one.. I giggle when I see him on it. Hahaha he already has had a few issues. One was a stick or Rock busting through the deck.

kushKrawlin said:
Ah hell naw. I would buy a used commercial one before a rinky dink. Them 2 guys above are over 10k new. Now I realize ya just cuttin your yard .. But dam them home owner deals. My dad got one.. I giggle when I see him on it. Hahaha he already has had a few issues. One was a stick or Rock busting through the deck.
That was one of the main things that was selling me on the hustler. It's the only one in that price range with a fabricated deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an old hand-me down Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle.

Heavy duty, everything is fabricated.

Doesn't have a "transmission" or whatever. Just a hydraulic tank, pump, valves, and hydro motors on the wheels. Straight up industrial ****, not "lawnmower parts"

It's 12 years old now and all that has been done is I put some new belts on it.

I change the oil once a year, grease the deck spindle bearings, and sharpen the blades.

I also mow down saplings, brush, etc with it all the time because I'm generally too lazy to hook up the bushhog on the tractor.

Not mine, but looks exactly the same. Same tires and all. The grass deflector is missing off this one though.

dixie-chopper-lt2000-50,1576856-2.jpg

Re:

Just called Terry's Tool to get a quote and asked about the meetimg in Chattanooga thing, acted like he wasn't aware of extra measures like meeting anywhere. Also said price was $3,999, which is what it is everywhere else. Someone specific I need to talk to there??? Think this guy's name was Billy.

kushKrawlin said:
Look at them beauty's and blacksheep10 is right. I use my foot to raise and lower the deck all dam day. Going over ****, turning around so it don't scalp or dig in the ground. Etc. all day .. My rt leg is twice the size of my left molaugh. But that there will cut almost 10 ft wide at about 4 + mph. That's gettin it done.

Very nice Kush. All you need is 2 amigos!!!

JD just get an Exmark and be done dude.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Just called Terry's Tool to get a quote and asked about the meetimg in Chattanooga thing, acted like he wasn't aware of extra measures like meeting anywhere. Also said price was $3,999, which is what it is everywhere else. Someone specific I need to talk to there??? Think this guy's name was Billy.

Nathen is who I talked to. They just meet my buddy in Chatanooga a couple weeks ago. Nathen or Terry is who I have always felt with.

Re:

Toddy said:
Nathen is who I talked to. They just meet my buddy in Chatanooga a couple weeks ago. Nathen or Terry is who I have always felt with.

Ok, will call him back.

Another point is my buddy's used one has the Kawasaki engine, a new one would have the Kohler 7000. Better to have Kawasaki that's been well kept and only 100 hours, or new Kohler 7000?

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Ok, will call him back.

Another point is my buddy's used one has the Kawasaki engine, a new one would have the Kohler 7000. Better to have Kawasaki that's been well kept and only 100 hours, or new Kohler 7000?

100 hours is less than a month on a commercial mower.

I'd consider a 100 hr mower, New.

I'm thinking about it. I told him I wanted to test drive it this weekend. Plus he put a $300 seat on it and it'll come with an Echo trimmer. Hell may keep the trailer as a backup too.

Fun fact: I bought my John Deere 42" from Lowes at the beginning of mowing season in 2010, and it just clicked over 80 hours this past weekend. :****:

TacomaJD said:
Fun fact: I bought my John Deere 42" from Lowes at the beginning of mowing season in 2010, and it just clicked over 80 hours this past weekend. :****:

80hrs :rolf: fawk you need a push mower that ain't ****

Re:

TBItoy said:
So you on average mow 15 hours a year. Lol

Mowed my yard (half acre) in 30 minutes Sunday after putting on the new blades and cleaning deck. It was taking about an hour as shitty as it was cutting.

If my yard was all I had to mow, I wouldn't even be thinking about a big zero turn, but since the ole lady's father passed a few months ago, I am stuck mowing nearly 5 acres of hers too. The house we are buying next year has exactly 1 acre lot. We gonna rent my house out and her house eventually, and I will probably offer to mow for our tennants for an extra monthly fee, so a big zero turn will continue to get used from here on out.

Re:

TBItoy said:
Go ahead and get cha a exmark or hustler commercial. Shits nice and it'll last forever with basic maintenance.

That's what I've been saying! But he is stuck on a Kubota,a gay mowing hat and lifting his mower wrong!

I called my buddy back earlier and told him I was gonna take his Raptor SD. Cheapest/best route for right now. If I ever think I'll need one bigger/better, I can sell it just as easy as I bought it. :dblthumb:

Re:

Yep, kinda anticipating mowing now. Lol. I know its in great shape. He is only getting rid of it to go bigger. He has about 6 acres all flat to mow, and is either going with a 66"-72", or just gonna buy a finishing mower to use with his tractor.

I probably won't mow anything til next weekend, I'll report back with my review.