• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Punta Cana Vacation Excursions?

Re:

Btw, this video is the tits. Fawkin Hard Rock Punta Cana looks pretty much like my definition of paradise! If we go to Punta Cana, it will most likely be to the Hard Rock resort! 120 acres of pure awesome sauce!

http://youtu.be/C1-RxHXp3oA

You can get a Passport Card. It's cheaper but only good for cruising. Keep in mind though that if something happened and you needed to hop a flight back home you'd be screwed, doesn't work for air travel when out of the country. Spend the extra coin on a passport, they're good for 10 years, 5 for a minor...unless it's changed recently.

johneddie said:
You can get a Passport Card. It's cheaper but only good for cruising. Keep in mind though that if something happened and you needed to hop a flight back home you'd be screwed, doesn't work for air travel when out of the country. Spend the extra coin on a passport, they're good for 10 years, 5 for a minor...unless it's changed recently.

A passport card would be about the same as sailing with birth certificate. I honestly doubt we'd have any trouble sailing with just a birth certificate, but I imagine we will have a need for a passport on more than one occasion in the next 10 years, so we may go ahead and get one.

DallasBlade said:
My girlfriend and I just received our passports this week, they were $110 each at the courthouse.

Yah, Heather's turned out great. We'll send you a postcard :flipoff1: :rolf:

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Btw, this video is the tits. Fawkin Hard Rock Punta Cana looks pretty much like my definition of paradise! If we go to Punta Cana, it will most likely be to the Hard Rock resort! 120 acres of pure awesome sauce!

http://youtu.be/C1-RxHXp3oA

Damn, you got me second guessing my choice with that video! We chose extra days over Hard Rock.

Re:

matth_85 said:
Damn, you got me second guessing my choice with that video! We chose extra days over Hard Rock.

I'd like to know the dollar amount it costs to build these damn fancy smancy resorts!

Been browsing Punta Cana resort packages, found some a little cheaper but not cheap enough. We may do Punta Cana on 1 year anniversary or something.

BUT I have a question. When choosing a flight, why are their so many different times? Like 1 roundtrip flight may be 5 hrs 41 minutes down there, then the return flight is 8 hrs 27 minutes. Another flight may be closer to the same flight time down and back. They got some planes that are slower than others or something??

Jeezus balls, I have only flew to Orlando twice which was like 2 hours or less, Idk if I could stand being on a fawkin' plane for 8 damn hours.

Re:

Different length layovers at your connection. Or different connections...

Example: I've flown from Nashville through Atlanta, to get to Dallas....

So when it said 1 stop, it meant 1 stop as in to catch a connecting flight? I figured one stop meant final destination (I'm too used to thinking of terminology used in the shipping world). We wondered if there was a connecting flight. That would make it a little less monotonous, I suppose.

Some of those packages were down around $1,100 per person including flight, all inclusive hotel, for 6 days 5 nights at a well reviewed resort. Definitely on the bucket list! Hard Rock resort is a little higher.

TacomaJD said:
So when it said 1 stop, it meant 1 stop as in to catch a connecting flight? I figured one stop meant final destination (I'm too used to thinking of terminology used in the shipping world). We wondered if there was a connecting flight. That would make it a little less monotonous, I suppose.

Some of those packages were down around $1,100 per person including flight, all inclusive hotel, for 6 days 5 nights at a well reviewed resort. Definitely on the bucket list! Hard Rock resort is a little higher.

Yes "1 Stop" means that the flight will make one stop during the trip, it does not mean you will for sure be changing planes, but you very well might be. I know that if you say fly out of Huntsville on Delta, you will be coming to Atlanta, then either going directly from here to Punta Cana, or say through New York and then there (that will be 2 different flights or 3 different flights if you also go through New York), lots of chances for baggage to get lost (just saying) . No further than you are from Atlanta your best bet is cruise over the night before the flight, stay at a hotel near the airport (they will let you park in their secured lots dirt cheap and shuttle you to the terminal), then make the flight direct to Punta Cana, Bam you are there in a little over 2 hours, sitting at the resort bar eating lunch and getting plowed. By the way, Delta is your best carrier, Southwest will piss you off with the whole boarding process. I also may be biased to flying Delta thumb.gif

mdo817 said:
Yes "1 Stop" means that the flight will make one stop during the trip, it does not mean you will for sure be changing planes, but you very well might be. I know that if you say fly out of Huntsville on Delta, you will be coming to Atlanta, then either going directly from here to Punta Cana, or say through New York and then there (that will be 2 different flights or 3 different flights if you also go through New York), lots of chances for baggage to get lost (just saying) . No further than you are from Atlanta your best bet is cruise over the night before the flight, stay at a hotel near the airport (they will let you park in their secured lots dirt cheap and shuttle you to the terminal), then make the flight direct to Punta Cana, Bam you are there in a little over 2 hours, sitting at the resort bar eating lunch and getting plowed. By the way, Delta is your best carrier, Southwest will piss you off with the whole boarding process. I also may be biased to flying Delta thumb.gif

Hmm, both times I've flown was with Southwest (that's who my employer books us through), so I have no other airline to compare them to. I did not know where the connecting flight would be, it wasn't in the immediate details. I ran it on the site as to fly out of Birmingham just because that's the airport I've used twice and kinda know my way around. If driving to ATL would save time, connecting flight, and possibly money being that the connecting flight (or stop in flight) is eliminated, that would definitely be the way to go.

Miami. Flying out of ATL or anywhere around here was the same in the package deals (hotel plus flight) with American Airlines. Roughly 2 hours to Miami, then roughly 2 more hrs to Punta Cana. So that's not near as bad as what I was thinking. I'd lose my **** if I had to spend over 6 hours on a plane at once.

Living in south central Ky... we usually fly out of Cincinnati/Covington. We can get 4 hr nonstop flight to Punta Cana. Check out TravelZoo, you can usually find pretty good all inclusive deals on their website.

The trip we booked to Punta Cana is one way from Atlanta, with delta. We went through a travel agency, $1281 per person for resort and flight. That's for 7 days at a all inclusive resort. thumb.gif

I been on cheapcarribean.com, which is where my buddies booked through. Will definitely check out those other sites.

I havent had a vacation since my senior year also. Finally got tired of it and booked a 5 day and 4 night stay all inclusive in cancun.
Going later this month. I wont tell you how cheap i got it from benefits at workbecause you all will hate me, oh and i fly for free!! flashemifyougotem

Re:

**** yeah! It's hard for me to blow a lot on a vacation. Way easier for me just to do 5 or 6 2-3 day weekend trips er year. I don't think I could do like OP and do 10 days out...5 or 6 max and I'd probably be ready to return to normal life.