• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

01 gmc sierra

nighthunter

Tomorrow i may be picking up a 2001 gmc 2500 sierra with a 150000 miles on it it has a 4 inch suspension with 35's. the motor is a 8.1 gas i was wondering what am i going to be looking at as far as fuel mileage and is it worth it at 7000 dollars? any problems with this yr pllz school me im new to chevys
thanks
Troy

A good truck if ya dont wanna get a diesel. I do belive all the 8.1s had the allison behind them which is an awsome tranny. I wouldnt excpect good milage with it though just like any other big block. I would keep a close eye on your oil consumption though they are known for burin it.

i've got a 7.4 and get about 9-10 around town and 15ish on unloading road trips. 6-9 towing depending on weight [up to 10,000 lbs].

ya we have a 98 k2500 7.4 n thats about what we get... 3 mpg's i doubt i could be wrong any one else know anything else befor i decide to go out n get it? any reason why i shouldnt?

Did you get the truck? Keep an eye on the guage cluster, that generation (I have a 03) has issues with the electric motors in the guages. If the speedo or tach seems to tick as it goes up instead of running smooth, they will probably be on their way out.

GM issued a recall on them but for some reason all the dealerships have said my VIN doesn't qualify...

My dad has a 7.5 and that is a thirsty ass truck! My brother in law had the 8.1 and 35's, and he got from 9 to 13 mpg on normal driving. He only towed with it once and got 5-6 mpg.

Did you get the truck? Keep an eye on the guage cluster, that generation (I have a 03) has issues with the electric motors in the guages. If the speedo or tach seems to tick as it goes up instead of running smooth, they will probably be on their way out.

GM issued a recall on them but for some reason all the dealerships have said my VIN doesn't qualify...

Are there any fixes for this guage cluster problem? My father inlaws truck has this issue.