• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

03 CTD won't start this morning

What do you mean by won't start? be more spacific...

It just cranks over. nununa nunun anununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa :D

A little history too..........86K of haaaaarrrrrd miles. No mods.

It just cranks over. nununa nunun anununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa nununa :D

A little history too..........86K of haaaaarrrrrd miles. No mods.

ROFLMFAO!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: That poooooooooooor shop truck.

The only thing I thought to check was the water seperator.........maybe frozen, fuel came out.

I plugged it in hoping that may help to get it started. It did this yesterday morning but eventually started and ran fine all day.

Glen,
This is TECH, not SARCASTIC.

And I know nothing on CTDs, but it makes me wonder about glow plugs, or whatever those things use.

Glen,
This is TECH, not SARCASTIC.

And I know nothing on CTDs, but it makes me wonder about glow plugs, or whatever those things use.

Which, if it starts after it's warmed up a little, could be the cause. It's pretty cold this morning.

Which, if it starts after it's warmed up a little, could be the cause. It's pretty cold this morning.

I am thinking the same............buuuuuuut it has started on colder days with no problems without being plugged it......until now that past few days it has been harder to start.

Starting fluid never helped the 12 valve but it was like 15 deg F. I got it started by holding the pedal to floor and cranking it. Finally it lit and rained parachutes. Turned a snowy parking lot black.

Something you might check is the connections on the battery. I think the grid heater wire comes directly off the batterys so if the connection is loose or corroded, could be causing your problem.

I decided to try one more time before I called the tow truck and it started right up.......still going to the dealer to see what is going on.