• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1943 MB Tube thingy updates...

What's new...

Not much in willys land; the auto transmission for the crawler is supposed to be done some time this week - I took a bit of a break from the big one to finish off the stocker I have - re-built both axles, trans and t-case - motor is bare block and going to the machine shop this week once new pistons get here...

Plus I have been recentering wheels for my duece... going form 37" NDT's to 48" Michelin Xl's...

On top of that I managed the overhaul, re-assembly and tuning of the two DMRV-16-4's which power this gal...

So pretty much just laying around being a slacker :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCN1978.jpg
    DSCN1978.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCN1446.jpg
    DSCN1446.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 418
  • DSCN1964.jpg
    DSCN1964.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 420
  • DSCN1967.jpg
    DSCN1967.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 422
I don't think I have any from the back - yep I reused the centers from a set of split ring wheels and machined the 10 bolt budd out of the 5 ton combat rim with a step machined in it - then just turned the same step in the split centers - bang together (0.001-0.003" press fit) and weld...

Matt

You do some crazy **** Matt! .003" for a tire that can be out of round by like an inch!:haha: But, I know you can't do it any other way, its cool:awesomework: Nice stuff man can't wait to see the finished product!

Not much... Work has been out of control - in the last couple of weeks I was in Egypt, Djibouti, and Ethiopia for 7 days and then in Baltimore for another 5 days, This weekend I was working on a steamship in tacoma all day sunday... Work work work!

Anyhow - I have the transmission in my hands again and probably won't do much to the jeep until the stocker is done - (engine block is at the machinist now) I am also working on the duece to get it all set for going to portland (MVPA convention) in about a week...

Not too exciting - but it is what it is

Matt

I talked to matt a couple weeks ago. He has the motor rebuilt and ready to go in. His new job keeps him pretty busy so time to work on it it pretty slim. But I did give him some **** and to get it done :redneck:

Busted

Yeah - Mike caught me out of the shop in the "real" world... I did get the parts to build the rear driveline... and I physically touched the jeep last night... :redneck: That's been about it though... I am clearing out some other little projects so I can get back to this monster...

Matt

Could be related to the fact that I am out of town 2+ weeks out of every month and working on 3 other major project vehicles at the same time...

1942 stock willys
1966 M35a2c
1967 M543a2

Impossible to say...

Could be related to the fact that I am out of town 2+ weeks out of every month and working on 3 other major project vehicles at the same time...

1942 stock willys
1966 M35a2c
1967 M543a2

Impossible to say...

ummm.. I could of sworn my reply was about Gibbys rig that Crash is working on..:eeek: damnit!! foot in mouth!!:mad:guess I need to preview first...

Good looking rig tho!!:awesomework:

The :flipoff: was there as a joke. Hopefully the time schedule lets you get to it soon. I dig the heck out of the look and massive detail youve put in it.