• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1943 MB Tube thingy updates...

Not a willys update... but oh well

I decided to jump a head a little bit and got a tow rig...
I plan on getting the thing up and going to use with either the XJ or the willys when it is done... More on the top secret plans as they happen; probably will start a tow rig thread - so stay tuned

Matt :rolleyes:

PS for those who care it is a jeep! 1966 Kaiser Willys M35a2 multifuel with a 10k pto winch and drop side bed

Attachments

• m35a2small1.jpg
    m35a2small1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 551
  • m35a2small2.jpg
    m35a2small2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 557
  • m35a2small3.jpg
    m35a2small3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 551
I decided to jump a head a little bit and got a tow rig...
I plan on getting the thing up and going to use with either the XJ or the willys when it is done... More on the top secret plans as they happen; probably will start a tow rig thread - so stay tuned

Matt :rolleyes:

PS for those who care it is a jeep! 1966 Kaiser Willys M35a2 multifuel with a 10k pto winch and drop side bed

O man ive always wanted one of those! Where did you pick that beast up at?

A buddy of mine used to have the salvage contract for Ft. Lewis - had about 45 - 50 dueces and 20 5 tons at one point... Now that gov. liquidators took over he no longer gets trucks... They are going away... Unless you want to pay $12k+

So the short answer is Mckenna!

A buddy of mine used to have the salvage contract for Ft. Lewis - had about 45 - 50 dueces and 20 5 tons at one point... Now that gov. liquidators took over he no longer gets trucks... They are going away... Unless you want to pay $12k+

So the short answer is Mckenna!

Just down the road from me. About a half mile from the mckenna Y exxon?

Yep thats Brad's place... There is some oddball stuff in there... Besides the military stuff he collects old steam powered stuff - has some narrow gauge track and three locomotives... :cool:

I'm going to guess you have some wicked power plant idea for the deuce? My freinds dad bought one from the same guy a while back, even converted to just diesel, the thing was uh, less than spunky. Nothing like going wheeling with 10 other people in the truck though!

Yea, yea, yea

:hi: I did manage to get the tranny on its way to be rebuilt, pulled the mock up block from the buggy and now need to rework the front crossmember so the oil pump gilmer pully will go on and off with the motor in the chassis... otherwise there is lots of snow on it right now!

Very nice. it would be cool to see it at one of our tuff truck events next year 1st one is March 30, 2008 in shelton at the fair grounds. If you get her done I will let you run for free.

Big motors...

I have been setting up to do machine work on these... That is one bank of 4 - (2 v16's).... with a 17" bore :cool:

I am going to be reboring the liner landing surfaces for a new insert

PS - those studs have 2" threads and get torqued to 3500 ft/lbs :eeek:

Attachments

• Studs installed.jpg
    Studs installed.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 347
Middle of the summer I fell victim to the political infighting at the race shop... A buddy of mine had offered me a job long ago at a large marine diesel shop in ballard...
So I took it and have been there for three months now... We do work for the big tankers, ferry system, cruise line, fishing vessels, powerplants, ect

Fun when you get cylinder covers - the head for one piston/liner combo, that is 2200 lbs and that is mid sized :rolleyes:

Anyhow - this is on an ocean going ferry boat...

Add another one to the list of odd jobs I have done! :hi:

Pays well, full bene's, and travel to exotic locals to work onboard large boats, usually never seeing the light of day :flipoff:

This is kinda what these look like - particular pic is a later model - the fly wheel is about 10 or 12 foot across...
Enterprise_Engine_02.jpg

Latest posts