1968 Dodge D200 Mega Cab Tow rig *(Possibly for sale)*

Re: 1968 Dodge D200 Tow rig/Daily driver Project

I'm not a dodge fan at all but you have my attention. :popcorn:

I do love me some complicated builds

pholmann said:

It's mainly been a bunch of measuring and about 15 sawzall blades so far. About to get to the fun parts.
-Stretching the rear cab 9"
-Stretching front fenders 5"
-Stretching hood 5"
-Widening bed 6" on each side
-widening rear fenders 3-4"
-redoing all of the vent in the dash
-Installing lift kit
-Replacing transmission
- make 4th gen Interior fit
-New mounts for cab and bed
- then all the body work together it ready to paint

Still a few things left to do....

pholmann said:

Don't lie....you know deep down you love some Mopars!

Man that thing is going to be awesome! Really like stretching the old truck to fit on the newer truck drivetrain etc. That Megacab extension looks great.

Looking great buddy! I'm gonna stop by again soon. :driving:

Slight derail: you wanna go on a road trip to see Rohling with me Sunday? Text me whenever to let me know...

jpony645 said:
Loving this rig! Keep on with the updates. :woot:

thanks, all the cutting goes pretty fast. Now with all the metal work and body work the pace will slow a little. Making a little headway on it each day. Ill try and keep it updated if some of you are interested in keeping up with progress.
As soon as we get finished re-skinning the cab extension we will remove the cab to do the roof and then widen the bed.
IMG_20170223_105526850 by Zayne Smith, on Flickr
IMG_20170223_105532132 by Zayne Smith, on Flickr
IMG_20170223_105547024 by Zayne Smith, on Flickr
IMG_20170223_105551995 by Zayne Smith, on Flickr
IMG_20170223_105605626 by Zayne Smith, on Flickr

Have you considered windows in the cab extension?
Maybe powered popouts?

Very.... We are going to set the cab on the floor Monday and start some trial and error. Got to cut about 8 more inches out of the top to get the line right. Should be fun

zayne2427 said:
Very.... We are going to set the cab on the floor Monday and start some trial and error. Got to cut about 8 more inches out of the top to get the line right. Should be fun

Best thing to do is find out where the roof peaks, mark it, levels off and starts to decend, mark it, find the middle of that and make the cut across. Then just cut along the rain gutters. Makes it a mofo to weld and do bodywork in that gutter, but it's thick, forgiving, and depending on the height of the cab it will hide any imperfections.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Best thing to do is find out where the roof peaks, mark it, levels off and starts to decend, mark it, find the middle of that and make the cut across. Then just cut along the rain gutters. Makes it a mofo to weld and do bodywork in that gutter, but it's thick, forgiving, and depending on the height of the cab it will hide any imperfections.
Yeah that's about at the 8-9" mark from where it is cut now. That's pretty much what we have planned on. Just going to sit the cab in the floor before we start on it to make it a lil easier to measure and build

Latest posts