• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2008 JK

TheViking

Targeted
We are looking to possibly purchase an 08 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited. Is their anything in particular we should look for or common issues with this model. Anything that you can think of will be helpful.
Thank you
Mrs. Viking

I hate the motor with a passion. Before we bought my wifes 2014, we test drove a few without the Pentastar motor, Gutless wonders. I wouldn't recommend them.

I'm in the same boat Viking. We have been looking at JKU's also. And in my research I found that the years 2007 and 2008 Have 10X more problems than other years ! ESP the 2008. Trying to find the statistics now For ya. Run from the 2008 is what i came up with. :****:

Here's my 2008 if motor goes out I will do LS swap
3b94d3d39847d4cf570a0e03bfa446d7.jpg

5e22d645dfb3c3bfc45c0c7a889d7d00.jpg

c22195fc188a6445d2bb6336fcc9aba9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using tapajunk

That's the problem for most, an LS swap is money money. Like half the cost of the jeep. I've been looking into it for mine for a while.
http://www.lswrangler.com/basic-kit.html
The kit has acutally come down about a grand since I was last looking. If you have a gen4 motor and 6l80 trans, I bet you could get away for under 10 grand.

Mine is an 09 rubi with 36,000 miles on it. on 37's. Engine seems to run good and I have a sprintex screw blower for it like this one:
http://www.extremeterrain.com/sprintex-38-super-tuner-251a1003.html

http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/sprintex-supercharger-installed-228159/

but have not put it on yet. With 4.88's it drives pretty well. I'm on the fence of selling it or putting the blower on and driving it. They all seem to get death wobble, so keep steering components tight and tires balanced and going straight down the road.

here's my 09 before bumpers and winch
jeep%20home_zpsr4paqfwp.jpg

Re:

Well it didn't work out my friend was the service manager on used cars at that lot. He told me what they did to it and factoring in the body work as well it just didn't work out. We are now looking at a Taurus Limited. Thanks for answering the questions my wife had y'all!

Re:

I am far from a Ford guy, but I rented a Taurus Limited last year on a trip, bad ass car that drives awesome.

Re:

mdo817 said:
I am far from a Ford guy, but I rented a Taurus Limited last year on a trip, bad ass car that drives awesome.
With Goodyear Eagles it can do a hundred in the rain, not that I would do that sort of thing :driving:

Ended up with a silver twenty twelve Taurus Limited with sixty nine thousand on the clock. Praise the Lord she is driving a Ford!

You did good, gave my wife option last year on a new set of wheels, she chose a C300 4Matic ( all wheel drive ) I ain't complaining, drives great, sticks good... But theTaurus was sweet also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Re: 2008 JK

mdo817 said:
You did good, gave my wife option last year on a new set of wheels, she chose a C300 4Matic ( all wheel drive ) I ain't complaining, drives great, sticks good... But theTaurus was sweet also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can't hide money lol