• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 4x4 diesel

L

lowbudgetjunk

WTF do these things weigh from the factory with no add ons?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Seriously, has anyone ever had theirs on a scale. It was hard to find legitimate answers on the google.

I put my 2000 Ford F250, crewcab, 4x4, 7.3 on the scale and it came in at 7700 pounds with me in it and a full tank of fuel. I was talking with KMCMINN and he thought his Chevy that's 15 years newer was under 7k. He has never had it on the scales and it got us to thinking. How much has the weight of theses trucks changed? He talked about lighter materials, I threw in airbags, more wiring for sensors, heated seats, etc.

Anyhow, someone post up if they have put their truck on a scale.

Nothing to add weight wise to this particular discussion, but I'm always curious about vehicle weights.

The local Co-Op has a scale house out front that can be used anytime. So over the last few years I've weighed everything we own plus some other misc stuff just because.

my 07 was 7200lbs (ran across the scales at the scrapyard many times)

With camper shell, 20s, and a tool box full of wheeling junk

So probably 6700-6900

pretty sure my 2007 duramax (ccsb) was a little over 7k. my 2016 ccsb duramax is probably a little heavier

My 04 CCSB is right around 7k with an 8.1 in it. Not sure on the weight difference between the diesel and the big block.

My complete stock 06 crew cab, short bed 4x4 with Duramax at the drag strip scales was 7290.

Re: Re: 2015 Chevy Crew Cab 4x4 diesel

xjcrawler said:
My complete stock 06 crew cab, short bed 4x4 with Duramax at the drag strip scales was 7290.
That's lighter than I thought it'd be. Ifs have anything to do with it?

kmcminn said:
I told you Kel. Oh ye of little faith.

Now I am wondering if the IH will be heavier than the 15.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Now I am wondering if the IH will be heavier than the 15.

Most likely, a lot of older vehicles used thicker sheet metal, less plastic etc

Re: Re: Re: 2015 Chevy Crew Cab 4x4 diesel

Neal3000 said:
Most likely, a lot of older vehicles used thicker sheet metal, less plastic etc
Possibly. As rusty as IH's are, I assume they skimped on paint prep and undercoating. The goal was to get that pig running and driving this last week, but work showed up and I absolutely hate going to work. I worked almost two full weeks straight last month and it has bled over into this month. I am hoping two more weeks of work and then I can start back on projects around the house.