• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2017 F250

Just got a 17 F250 at work. It has the 6.2 & I haven't pulled anything with it yet. But this week it has got 12 mpg avg unloaded. The only thing I can say bad is the stiff steering. Otherwise it's a nice rig.

xjtony said:
How good do the 6.2 Gas super duty's pull? Just wondering

I have a 6.2 in 2012 f350 srw and I wont go back to a diesel. I went across the scales at 32k and it pulled it fine. Mine gets 9-10 with a load behind it, 14-16 unloaded.

Iv been waiting 15 weeks for my new king ranch, they called today and said it's in but had no paperwork with it????? what ever that means. Still can't sell it to me yet. When I ordered this truck my 15 had 91500 miles on it, now as 109000. We will have to make a new deal I'd say.

I own a 17 F350 DRW. I like it better than the DMAX I had before actually. It handles a load much better and pulls like it's twice the truck of the DMAX. However, it's not quite as ergonomic as the chevy.

it's a 4.10 truck so it doesn't get great fuel milage, it averageseems around 14.

Sharp truck Bradley! :JRich:

Our shop 2017 dually power stroke has about 10k miles on it now. Check engine light comes on about once every two weeks. It's always emissions related. Sure seems like they would have this stuff figured out by now. Reminds me of a old Chevy with a bad gas cap.

noshoes said:
I have a 6.2 in 2012 f350 srw and I wont go back to a diesel. I went across the scales at 32k and it pulled it fine. Mine gets 9-10 with a load behind it, 14-16 unloaded.
Thanks for the info. I'm considering a gas f250 or a chevy/gmc 2500 with the 6.0 gas motor

J.A.B said:
I own a 17 F350 DRW. I like it better than the DMAX I had before actually. It handles a load much better and pulls like it's twice the truck of the DMAX. However, it's not quite as ergonomic as the chevy.

it's a 4.10
I think a one ton dually is twice the truck compared to a 3/4 ton no matter who made it ;D :fish: and not to mention the 4.10 gears

If anyone is in the market for a f250 , I'm a sales manager at Townsend ford in Tuscaloosa . Let me know if I can help

Tripp summerlin 205-799-0158

Finally got my 17 king ranch dually. Picked it up and headed directly to ft myers fl. This is a totally different truck than my 15 was. Finally they reprogrammed the engine where they limit the torque in the loweright gears so you can take off without breaking your neck. Got mine with 3.55 gears and at 85 MPh on cruise got 14.5 mpg brand new. Better than expected. Don't seem like it has the power my 15 but it was a monster on power. This one will get better. I would decently recommend anybody with an extra $77k lying around to test drive a new Ford. This one being a King Ranch it has all the bells and whistles that's why it's 77k instead of a mear 65k. Signing off, going to get the boat out.

Hell yeah congrats on a badass truck. Post a pic when you get some time. What color did you get

I gotta say, I'm not a brand loyal guy at all. I've owned a ton of trucks in all brands but this truck really does seem to be a good one. It is noticeably stronger than the 11 DMAX I had, even with that truck turned up. It's just an XLT with vinyl floors and such so it was not nearly as expensive as most.

It's only got about 10k on it now but no issues so far. We'll 'll just have to see how it does over the long run. :driving:

B.DRAKE said:
Ended up goin back with a Duramax

good call and congrats!! love my '16!!!!! I got the color matched all white d-max. mine pulls strong for being stock which I'm thankful for since I traded in a 2007 LBZ with EFI thumb.gif