• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH Backdoor shoot out is Feb 6, 2017

70Scout

"The Vision X Shootout" presented by KMC, King Shocks and Nitro Gear will be returning Back Door for KOH Week 2017! The 4th annual event will feature 4-wheel drive off road competition vehicles ranging from SRRS bouncers to ULTRA4s to garage built rock crawlers competing in a shootout format. Fastest vehicle to complete the course. The event will take place on Monday , February 6h 2017 preceding the 2017 Nitto King of The Hammers Powered by Optima Battery. A new feature for 2017 is the top 10 drivers in the shootout will qualify for Friday's King of The Hammers Race.* And all drivers registered for LCQ have the option of participating in the Vision X Shootout!

70Scout said:
"The Vision X Shootout" presented by KMC, King Shocks and Nitro Gear will be returning Back Door for KOH Week 2017! The 4th annual event will feature 4-wheel drive off road competition vehicles ranging from SRRS bouncers to ULTRA4s to garage built rock crawlers competing in a shootout format. Fastest vehicle to complete the course. The event will take place on Monday , February 6h 2017 preceding the 2017 Nitto King of The Hammers Powered by Optima Battery. A new feature for 2017 is the top 10 drivers in the shootout will qualify for Friday's King of The Hammers Race.* And all drivers registered for LCQ have the option of participating in the Vision X Shootout!

Saw that on the Ultra4 website a couple of days ago. Glad it is returning to Backdoor instead of Chocolate Thunder. :driving:

A new feature for 2017 is the top 10 drivers in the shootout will qualify for Friday's King of The Hammers Race.*

If my understanding is correct and base don prior years, the stipulation for that ^ is the Vehicle must pass Ultra4 Tech Inspection, but the Driver is qualified. So I don't see a bouncer passing Tech Inspection to actually race, but as a Qualified Driver, they could actually race a KOH buggy at some point in the main race on Friday.

ridered3 said:
Saw that on the Ultra4 website a couple of days ago. Glad it is returning to Backdoor instead of Chocolate Thunder. :driving:

A new feature for 2017 is the top 10 drivers in the shootout will qualify for Friday's King of The Hammers Race.*

If my understanding is correct and base don prior years, the stipulation for that ^ is the Vehicle must pass Ultra4 Tech Inspection, but the Driver is qualified. So I don't see a bouncer passing Tech Inspection to actually race, but as a Qualified Driver, they could actually race a KOH buggy at some point in the main race on Friday.

yep, driver qualifies, not the rig..... may see some rock bouncers teaming up with drivers that didn't make the LCQ - this will also push the U4 cars that aren't already qualified to beat on their rigs in the shootout

onetoncrawler said:
yep, driver qualifies, not the rig..... may see some rock bouncers teaming up with drivers that didn't make the LCQ - this will also push the U4 cars that aren't already qualified to beat on their rigs in the shootout

Except that the Shootout is Monday and LCQ isn't until later in the week, if I read the schedule correctly.

It might up the antie again for some ultra 4 guys to run it, if they haven't qualified yet for Hammers it's one of their last shots to get in, last year not one u4 car raced the challenge and rightfully so they didn't wanna tear up their rig before the big race but this year there's no buy in s for Hammers so they must qualify somewhere

I would imagine that there will be live coverage just like in the past.
Will post up the link to the coverage when it becomes available on the web site.

onetoncrawler said:

Or some u4 teams may build a bouncer just for this?

Re: Re: KOH Backdoor shoot out is Feb 6, 2017

dynajeep said:
I bet they run an old car, with 0 fg before they build a bouncer.
With Zero fat Grandma's before a bouncer?

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

sleepsontoilet said:
I wish it wasn't so far away from Texas. I'd love to see more trail rigs hanging with the big name buggies, especially Zuks.

wish it wasn't so darn far away so I could compete in it. looks like fun and a blast to watch in person