• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22RE with issues

wentz912

So I was trying to get some better fuel mileage than the 14 mpg that my 88 4runner has been giving me by moving the clip on the AFM back to stock.

The PO told me he had moved it two notches rich from stock in order for it to run properly with the Delta Cam he put in it. Well, it won't run at all with it at the notch he marked as being the stock setting, so I put it back to where he had it, and now it still won't run.

:wtf:

Is there anything easy to bump or anything like that I could have fawked up while playing around in there? Currently it's not quite a quarter turn from where the notched wheel is totally slack to the marked factory notch. Am I 360* out? That seems like it would be a lot of spring tension. Supposed to go play in the snow tomorrow, and I'm out of light today, gonna try and hit it early tomorrow!

I cant sell an AFM if it has silicone all over it.

Why do folks feel they are gonna unlock a bunch of hidden power in there? Like they think there is a magic governer in there?

Better turn every screw you can find too and see if that "tunes" it up.

You cant improve on a properly running STOCK 22re, why do folks try? Its a 28HP engine, ya cant hop it up. Lost cause.

Rant over, just wanted to bitch about all the ****ers that "fix" stuff by adjusting **** they should NEVER touch.

Good luck.

So I was trying to get some better fuel mileage than the 14 mpg that my 88 4runner has been giving me by moving the clip on the AFM back to stock.

The PO told me he had moved it two notches rich from stock in order for it to run properly with the Delta Cam he put in it. Well, it won't run at all with it at the notch he marked as being the stock setting, so I put it back to where he had it, and now it still won't run.

:wtf:

Is there anything easy to bump or anything like that I could have fawked up while playing around in there? Currently it's not quite a quarter turn from where the notched wheel is totally slack to the marked factory notch. Am I 360* out? That seems like it would be a lot of spring tension. Supposed to go play in the snow tomorrow, and I'm out of light today, gonna try and hit it early tomorrow!

Are you sure it didn't un-wind at all?

There is a scraper thats attached to an arm in the AFM with some material on it. Look at it closely and make sure there is no discoloring to it or any signs of the material coming off.

I have always adjusted them and seen improvements doing such.

So if I have a notch marked where stock supposedly was, how tight should I wind it to get it back in the ball park?

The first time trying it sprung apart and unwound all the way, sent the clip flying. Not sure how many turns I am away from where I'm supposed to be.

I cant sell an AFM if it has silicone all over it.

Why do folks feel they are gonna unlock a bunch of hidden power in there? Like they think there is a magic governer in there?

Better turn every screw you can find too and see if that "tunes" it up.

You cant improve on a properly running STOCK 22re, why do folks try? Its a 28HP engine, ya cant hop it up. Lost cause.

Rant over, just wanted to bitch about all the ****ers that "fix" stuff by adjusting **** they should NEVER touch.

Good luck.
:haha::haha::awesomework:

Thanks guys. Destroyed a tire coming back from snow wheeling today, truck is on hold waiting for parts and a roller tire.