• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 wheel steering?

the deal has been worked out. Time to collect parts:awesomework:

Any suggestions on a steering valve?

Toy Bug....what pump, valve, and ram are you running? are you happy, or would you change something?

Everything I have is PSC. While the double ended rams are bling I'm still not convinced they are "better" than the single. It is nice to have equal turns L/R for the front though. Location of the rear steer valve is important if you want to be able use it and the steering wheel as a team. Meaning, don't just "find a spot" for it. The POS remote electric valve is the way I'd go if I did it again. Spendy, but worth it.

Last edited:
Toybug....how is your rear plumbed PSC told me to run from pump to rear steer valve then to orbital you setup that way? I was thinking about 2nd pump so they would both work with no lag. Way it is now when rear is used front has no power {fluid} till you let go of rear joystick. your thoughts?

Shoot, you think I actually build my own junk. :redneck: lol

Call S&N Fab, they'll point you in the right direction.

All I can say, is that 2 pumps is not a cure all.

Just curious.....how many local people actually have 4WS. Or for that fact, have even driven a rig with 4WS.

In all my local travels, I have yet to meet anyone that has it.

:stirpot: :corn:

I drove my buddies rig w/ 4ws in the snow last winter and loved it... You could keep the rear tires in the front tires' ruts instead of having the rear make its own when turning.. I was really impressed... AS for on the rocks I dont know, havent experienced that but I liked 4ws in the snow enough to find two steering 60's for my next project...

I'm on my way to some silly steering. Just ordered the fancy POS remote valve, joystick and 2 tweaked "tc" style pumps.

Sean recomends goin with 10 degrees of reverse caster on the rear.....what are other guys running for caster?

I'm excited....4 wheels turning 50 degrees will make some interesting wheeling.

I'm on my way to some silly steering. Just ordered the fancy POS remote valve, joystick and 2 tweaked "tc" style pumps.

Sean recomends goin with 10 degrees of reverse caster on the rear.....what are other guys running for caster?

I'm excited....4 wheels turning 50 degrees will make some interesting wheeling.

Great, Like you didnt break on the trail enough :rolleyes: