• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

40' conex/sea container box

civicmindedex79

Just wondering if anybody has a lead on where to get this at around North Alabama. I am looking to move and just need somewhere to store some things for a few months and figured it would be good for storage after the move. I am looking for a 40' x 8' or 10' if I can afford it. Must be water tight and in condition to be moved.

they also can be used to make a good pole barn/storage sheds I have done several using two sea/land containers set them parallel with eachother leaving a distance in between set a few trusses across build a wall at the back and frame a door for the front if u want and u have a building
just something I thought I would throw out there

Bronco Buster said:

Yea I have looked at some on ebay, in the same ad as above but most are several hundred miles from the house. I know these are rated at 8700 lbs and my truck will handle it as well as my trailer but not looking forward to driving a few hundred miles without a cdl and dot being everywhere seems like it. I was hoping someone close to the house might have some connections or even one they might want out of the way. I appreciate the info. I talked with a broker that has one in Bham and can have it delivered to the house but they want almost $5000 for it and that is a little steep to me.

Anyone ever hauled one of these with a standard 1 ton dually truck and did you have any problems with DOT? As long as I go with standard height then I will be under the 13' 6" height requirement or atleast that is what I have found in my research as the legal limit.

I paid 2800 for my 40 foot and I was recently given a 20 foot. I bought the 40 from a company called pac van. If you google them they might have one in your area.

Hey man our store actually has a sealand 45' container for sale, I can get you some pics tomorrow . It is in good condition for 1500 bucks and we are in north ga. Call Curtis 7069340533 booyang

ceaetna454 said:
Hey man our store actually has a sealand 45' container for sale, I can get you some pics tomorrow . It is in good condition for 1500 bucks and we are in north ga. Call Curtis 7069340533 booyang

Thats what I am talking about. I will call first thing in the morning. If you have any pics feel free to send them to 256-415-4268 or [email protected] whichever is easier. Thanks