• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4WS Trail-Buggy Build - Bent Fab EVO2

Re: Re: Re: 4WS Trail-Buggy Build

TBItoy said:
Hells Revenge Choccolocco. The picture is mirrored so it looks backwards

I just figured you had made it right hand drive for a few days!

When will ya have it finished up?

ridered3 said:
I just figured you had made it right hand drive for a few days!

When will ya have it finished up?

I'm shooting for end of summer (Aug/Sept) in time for the good fall wheelin weather.

bgredjeep said:
I presume you've seen the thread, but this chassis has similar lines and frame setup to what you are planning. Just more ideas for the mix. I dig it.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/1113060-i-bought-evo2-bent-fabrications-now-what.html

Yeah I probably should have bought one the first 10 chassis that he sold for $1000...

Mine will look pretty close to that, but with a little different subframe.

Re: 4WS Trail-Buggy Build

Blase said:

Got all my axle parts in, lots of work to do to them, bore unit bearings, machine inner shafts for full circle clips... assemble...

Did inventory on all my tabs and brackets, ordered some more stuff from DIY4X

I've also been installing bumpers/rocksliders/cage on my Tacoma garbage truck, so I havent got started on the chassis yet... :p

Anyone have any thought ons fabrcated diff covers like Barnes 4wd vs the case SOLID covers? (Solid covers are only $65 vs $120 for Barnes)

thumbnail.asp

or

solid-differential-cover.jpg

Here's lays solid cover...
34D97154-6DD5-45EF-B36D-FFD4574A7BF1-20680-00000B95171EAE26.jpg

Both of his leak and the front is in worse shape than this one. I'm a fan of the fabricated covers myself. Got the btf ones on mine

86tank said:
Here's lays solid cover...
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb324/drewpate86/34D97154-6DD5-45EF-B36D-FFD4574A7BF1-20680-00000B95171EAE26.jpg[/
Both of his leak and the front is in worse shape than this one. I'm a fan of the fabricated covers myself. Got the btf ones on mine
[/quote]

That's what I was afraid of...

I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of them too.

Every forum I've looked at has VERY mixed reviews of them...

Neal3000 said:
Barnes covers are quality, and they machine the seal surface flat after welding

Yeah I'm going to get one of their "13 bolt" covers for the front, and just weld a strap on the rear cover. Should work fine for now

I have had a couple undercover fab 13 bolt covers. Just put one on new rig. Like them alot

Attachments

• UCF 13 bolt cover.jpg
    UCF 13 bolt cover.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 109

TBItoy said:
And just weld a strap on the rear cover. Should work fine for now

Good thinking, it would be dumb to waste good money on a nice cover for that pos d70 :flipoff1: