• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4x4 electrical switches (resource thread)

Boxxerace

Since we don't have a designated resource area, I'll post it in here.

If you were looking for these kinds of switches, you can get them directly from the manufacturer (or re-stickerer as it may be). It has been a while since I used them, but they were good to work with and cheap.

http://4x4mods.com/

switch7.jpg

switch1.jpg

Better than anything local that I know of. If you guys have other recommendations for switches, post them here.

I usually get all my switches from Longacres Racing in Monroe.

http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/index.asp

They're a 30A rated toggle made by Carling Switch which you can also get from many online electronics places like Digikey. Of course they do not have the fancy colors & symbols though.

The ones you have listed from 4x4mods are only rated 12V @ 16A which means you are going to have to wire in a lot of extra relays.

I need a new on off on switch for my winch...That has a rubber booty to cover the switch...anyone got a hook up?

I need a new on off on switch for my winch...That has a rubber booty to cover the switch...anyone got a hook up?
I know the 12volt guy has switches with the rubber boots on them, give him a call, a couple guys in our club have dealt with him and he can do just about anything.

I know the 12volt guy has switches with the rubber boots on them, give him a call, a couple guys in our club have dealt with him and he can do just about anything.

Every switch in my rig is from 12v guy, except the winch switch. I guess i should look and see if he has what i want.

I'm in the middle of reguaging and new switches for the dash of our jeep, went to boater's world and got some marine switches, 6 switches resetable circuit breakers mounted on a plate with room for label's $65 buck's

How many terminals on the backside?

I have one from Napa (3 terminal) I just picked up yesterday I'm not going to use, they also sell the rubber booty's

I'm in the middle of reguaging and new switches for the dash of our jeep, went to boater's world and got some marine switches, 6 switches resetable circuit breakers mounted on a plate with room for label's $65 buck's

The marine stuff is some of the beter stuff to use as they typically design it to withstand a little bit harsher climates including corrosion from salt water.