• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

90's throw back....Manche build

WOW! The ride height pics really bring it to life. :****: Already knew it was gonna look badass, but seeing is flashemifyougotem. Some inner fenders if you got room, them back glass stickers, and a tonneau cover for the bed, nobody will know what hit em when it blows by their ass. Matt got then skillzz yall.

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Don't forget your JEGS, NRA, and BASSMASTERS stickers in that back glass. Even with all that badass fab work, it's still supposed to be a 90s throwback Manche!

Take it a step further and get a pinstripe painter to write Manche under the driver's window and CoManche under the passenger window.

You going to paint the chassis and body or leave them raw?

I really appreciate all the kind words guys!

No paint anywhere. Raw steel with a sealer.

Don't forget 'salt life', 'yeti', the browning antlers...

Matt

I like the manche- comanche thing..

Did some cycling on the front today. Started clearance the fenders for articulation. Can't get the tuck like the rear, due to the natural taper and slope of the front clip. The tires will probably bump the outermost fender tube at stuff. Made some discoveries, (of which I was anticipating due to just slapping the shocks in there yesterday)--

Will be reducing front up travel from 7.75 to 7, and moving both upper and lower mounts to adjust to reach full bump, clear the top of the knuckle at full lock, and have room for the bumps.

It's tight up there, even with the motor sitting in my lap...[emoji481]

Just a shot or two of the front fender trim, you can see the line of where I will finally stop to clean it up and resemble the rear radius', I only trimmed as I needed...still some removal to do on the cab sub structure.

cb1ecbb17cb3399d707abd4ab4dc85f1.jpg

ccfeab15a43ff5f576b7e2de039be4a8.jpg

In actually really liking the absence of material, showing more space in the fender well.

Edit: the chrome emblem will return close to its original location...[emoji106]

Matt

Re: Re: 90's throw back....Manche build

grcthird said:
Amazing work! This build has it all, awesome fab, kick ass suspension, having the body on it makes it really look good vs having it doved front and rear or somewhat firewalled. Wonder how it will do hitting stuff at speed, thinking about a similar rear suspension setup on a future build.

Properly tuned should be great. Be testing out my tuning abilities soon; got me some learning from Wayne- zukizzy last year on the buggy.

Have already been conferring with Wayne about a starting shim stack. I've already inventoried my shim box, ready to go.

Thanks!

Matt

Im usually pretty quiet in build threads, but i am impressed with the detail level here. I hope you beat the hell out of it when you are done! laughing1

74_Chevota said:
Im usually pretty quiet in build threads, but i am impressed with the detail level here. I hope you beat the hell out of it when you are done! laughing1
Thanks Sam. We need to get a ride together next spring. Seems we're always passing each other at events.

Matt

Re:

Would like to get there, but I need every spare free minute to get this joker done. I can see the light....a little bit...lol.

We'll hook up soon!

Matt

Little tonneau cover for more stealth would be kinda cool but may be more of a pain to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleepsontoilet said:
I just wish I could afford it when you're bored with it.
Anything is possible, in about 4-5 years... ;D
simpletoy said:
Little tonneau cover for more stealth would be kinda cool but may be more of a pain to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, I have all sorts of ideas rolling around for this back end. Will do something for cover for street duties.

Matt

I think one of the old school vinyl/leather ones that are held in place with snaps would look awesome, it'd go in line with the throwback 8)

Re: Re:

BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC. said:
Nice shop chair Matt now we know where you sit and think up this ****.

BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC.
828-779-2242
When just don't have time to run to the golf cart and drive a couple hundred yards to the house....

(Plus, if I make it to the house, no way I can get out of there in less than an hour...mini me is a daddy's boy and once he knows I'm close by my day is shot...)

Back to doing work...Working on the front end; finishing upper link mounts-from my booty fab temp mounts, and starting construction on the shock mounts, upper and lowers.

8e276308abd634fbcf419b5157d7f731.jpg

39b1bcb7730d6ff96b0b6c53da085561.jpg

0ab7e203c4056e6633538fd10079a7a3.jpg

30aebe37fc733ffcc7975053f085d2d4.jpg

1b75bbab98098823281d8bba720022a2.jpg

6595bcfd2104179ee06a94b768dae23b.jpg

6511467819b5250341c39aec268a14a7.jpg

Matt