• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

97 dodge leaky interior???

briejer

My 97 extra cab has a soaked carpet. I just got done looking for the leak and I'm stumped.

Are there common places to look for leaks on these?

Check the seal on your back window, I know that sounds weetarded, but if your slider window (assuming you have one) got wowed out somehow, it can leak from the black window flashing. (I am also going to guess flashing isn't the ideal term here for the black weatherstripping stuff around the outside edge of the window)

if any pine needles, leaves or debris has worked its way into that stuff surrounding the opening of your window and created the SLIGHTEST opening... well you guessed correctly, in the abundant rain we've had as of lately, a little seepage could start, and it will run down that back wall under the window and collect on the floor, at the path of least resistance.

briejer said:
it's rain water

CLEAN IT--DRY IT and then run a hose over it(pull the carpet up) and see where its leaking from. More than likely a windshield leak...

We subcontract out our water repairs to a company called LeakMaster. They find 'em and fix 'em. Lemme know if'n you get desperate.

TreeClimber said:
We subcontract out our water repairs to a company called LeakMaster. They find 'em and fix 'em. Lemme know if'n you get desperate.

how much does it usually run for them to fix leaks? Got a sun roof that seems to be leaking, and I've blown out the drains

Toyotanut said:
how much does it usually run for them to fix leaks? Got a sun roof that seems to be leaking, and I've blown out the drains

Depends on how involved. They will completely take the car apart if neccessary to fix it. Sometimes it's the brake light, sometimes the heater box, sometimes the windshield, who knows where water comes in.... Anyhow an average leak find and fix runs between a $100 and $200. They only do it here at the dealership (or another dealership - not a customer-pay thing) and it can take hours.

TreeClimber said:
Depends on how involved. They will completely take the car apart if neccessary to fix it. Sometimes it's the brake light, sometimes the heater box, sometimes the windshield, who knows where water comes in.... Anyhow an average leak find and fix runs between a $100 and $200. They only do it here at the dealership (or another dealership - not a customer-pay thing) and it can take hours.

pm sent....................

I had water collect in passenger side front footwell of my '95 Dodge.

Back window was leaking. Back carpet was perfectly dry.

i had a 97 dodge also with the same problem. the drain on the passenger side of the firewall in the engine bay was plugged and it was draining on my passenger floor out the heater vents, so just blow some air in the drain hole and watch the water flow out

yotawheeler said:
i had a 97 dodge also with the same problem. the drain on the passenger side of the firewall in the engine bay was plugged and it was draining on my passenger floor out the heater vents, so just blow some air in the drain hole and watch the water flow out

X2. Very common problem.

Latest posts