• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A/T Tow Rig Tires

wont work said:
I had a set of bfg all terrain on my 05 dmax and only got 22,000 out of them. Rotated every 5,000 miles and pressure checked.

That sucks, were they E-rated?

wont work said:
Yes. Rode nice and wore even just no miles.

thats crazy, I would have called them up and complained, pretty sure they would have done something about it.

I've ran 5 different tires on my rig. E rated pro comp xtreme all terrains have been the best so far. I have over 40k on a set now and shouldn't have a problem getting 45k or more out of them. Only tire I care to run twice.

I'm n the market for tires also. Want yo level my dodge
and run 35x12.50x 17. Thinking bout the Toyo mts. My local
Guy pushes coopers but vid never been a big fan

I have 18K miles on my BFG A/T's and they have 75% or better tread remaining. I rotate them every oil change. To add to that, 50% of that is towing miles. I don't DD my truck.

Every set of Nitto Terra Grapplers I have seen don't last 30K on a tow rig. Everyone is gonna push the tires they are running unless they have had an issue. BFG has done me well for a long time. My brother had bad luck with his but he didn't rotate them right.

85buggy said:
I'm n the market for tires also. Want yo level my dodge
and run 35x12.50x 17. Thinking bout the Toyo mts. My local
Guy pushes coopers but vid never been a big fan

Pretty sure Toyo and Cooper are the same company. My Cooper stt's are wearing like iron under my 7.3.

ibrokeit said:
It seems like terra grapplers and bfg ko's are very hit and miss. Some people, they last forever. Others, nothing.
I think that is pretty accurate, and probably due to abuse and lack of maintenance.

matth_85 said:
I think that is pretty accurate, and probably due to abuse and lack of maintenance.
ibrokeit said:
It seems like terra grapplers and bfg ko's are very hit and miss. Some people, they last forever. Others, nothing.

I agree with this. However I did rotate every 5,000 miles and check the air weekly and got nothing out of my bfg and my nitto just never would ride good on my truck. My brother has the nitto on his truck now and they ride good though.

GONOVRIT said:
I've ran 5 different tires on my rig. E rated pro comp xtreme all terrains have been the best so far. I have over 40k on a set now and shouldn't have a problem getting 45k or more out of them. Only tire I care to run twice.

I've considered getting a set of these xtreme A/T's. I like the squared look and slightly more aggressive tread pattern. Pretty sure Cooper makes the ProComp tires.

I was getting ready to buy a set of the nitto TG G2s for the f250 but this thread might change my mine.

I have toyos on it now but I traded for them and the wheels and they were never taken care of before I got them so I can't speak for them.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I was getting ready to buy a set of the nitto TG G2s for the f250 but this thread might change my mine.

I have toyos on it now but I traded for them and the wheels and they were never taken care of before I got them so I can't speak for them.

I'm gonna remove the Nitto's as an option for me after reading about them on some of the Cummins forums, apparently they aren't holding up well on heavy trucks

On my work Tacoma's I've had several sets of the BFG AT KO's-with zero issues. The Tacoma isn't as heavy as my Dodge but the Tacoma goes in the woods everyday-zero flats with the BFG AT's, the Revo's I had before that had multiple flats. The BFG AT KO's currently on my Tacoma have 58k miles on them and probably have at least another 20k in them. They are 265/75/16 Load Range E.

Love the BFG's just looking at other options-mainly for more size options and in some cases more load carrying capacity.

I just want some more Transforce ATs......Ask Matt Terry about the set of E range ones I put on my old Silverado......I bet them tires are still on it with atleast 100k on them. thumb.gif

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I just want some more Transforce ATs......Ask Matt Terry about the set of E range ones I put on my old Silverado......I bet them tires are still on it with atleast 100k on them. thumb.gif

I saw a set of these go 60k on a Dodge dually... balljoint issues and all