• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A/T Tow Rig Tires

I run transforce ht on 3 duellies they all pull 50% of the time no problems. They arnt AT but damn good tires. 3 duels that's 18 tires bought last spring ran all summer no problems.

ibrokeit said:
Pretty sure Toyo and Cooper are the same company. My Cooper stt's are wearing like iron under my 7.3.

Cooper is probably the most under rated tire on the market for long wear. I've always been a big fan of Coopers. Had a set of STT's on a 97 F-150 back years ago when I was young and dumb and drove Fords.... :flipoff1:

In the market for tires as well. 275/70r 18. Was looking at Mastercraft Courser AXT's. Has anyone else ran these. They seem decent priced and are made by Cooper.

Re:

I had bfg at 285 E's on my chevy 1500..no where near as heavy as a 3/4-1ton but pulled a yj on tons and 42s and an 87 c10 seemed like every weekend

I pulled 52k miles out of them

Re:

Mine ate BFG AT's and Rugged Trail's after 12 months and around 15K to 20K in 265/70R17 E and the Firestone Transporter got about the same mileage. I will say the Transporter's suprised me on logging roads. General Ameictrac or whatever they are called sucked and so have the Nitro CrossTrek or whatever they are called disappointed in those two really badly.

dragr1 said:
Really the Toyo MT comes in exactly the size I want - 295/70/17 and I really like the higher load rating at 3970 pounds I guess I just gotta decide whether or not I want an MT on the tow rig.

Sure wish the Toyo ATII or either of the BFG AT's came in this size and with a load rating higher than 3195 pounds.

Bump back up. I'm needing tires for my new tow rig. Can't decide between AT and MT. Did you ever decide on a tire?

I'm pretty sure I'm going Toyo. 285 75 on a dually is what I'm looking at.

Re:

285s on a dually will require some spacers between the rears.

Most people run 235/85 or 255/85 if they want a taller dually tire

Re:

TBItoy said:
285s on a dually will require some spacers between the rears.

Most people run 235/85 or 255/85 if they want a taller dually tire

I bought the Fred's spacers already and have 235/85s. Working on the cognito arms and bilsteins.
I just discovered the bad tire. I don't DD this truck so I'm not scrambling to fix, but plan to order tires and arms this week.

I'd vote against the Toyo M/T for a 3/4 ton. I've ran a set on a 1/2 ton and loved them. Ran them on my Duramax and not impressed at all. I went with the Toyo R/T (mix between A/T and M/T) on this last set and have only had them for a week but I'm thinking I'll really like them. Quieter and a much smoother ride than the M/T.

pjprice said:
I'd vote against the Toyo M/T for a 3/4 ton. I've ran a set on a 1/2 ton and loved them. Ran them on my Duramax and not impressed at all. I went with the Toyo R/T (mix between A/T and M/T) on this last set and have only had them for a week but I'm thinking I'll really like them. Quieter and a much smoother ride than the M/T.

Tire guy showed me those. He is pricing me the AT, MT, and RT. Said he is having some trouble getting the RT. I searched a little on them..didn't see a 285 tho.

Re:

I have had the Toyo RT's for several months now. By far my favorite tires. I'll never run another set of "mud" style tires on my tow rig

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Put the 295/70/17's on my previous 2012 Dodge 3500 SRW. Nice tires but were a little loose with my long and heavy camper in tow. I'm sure that was due to the deep tread and not the sidewalls though. Some jerk ran my wife off the road in that truck and did a ton of body damage to it so I traded it for a 2014 Dodge 3500 SRW. It's got stock tires right now but I plan to either go with the Nitto G2's or Toyo AT 2's this time.

I recently put Toyo AT2 extreme on my dually , have bout 3000 miles on them , so far I really like them

Ok, finally got most my parts and got tire prices. Think I've talked myself out of Toyo MT. The RT isn't offered in 285 75 16, so that's out. It's between Toyo AT2 (dont have extremes in my size either) or Cooper ST Max. The max is kinda like the Toyo RT.

Cost is not enough to worry about. So.....any feedback on the Coopers? I have the Toyo AT on my daily and they are fine. Just looking for something more aggressive looking. The max appears to be a good in between.

FWIW I have a set of Mastercraft Courser AXT's on my rig and love em. They drive good. Are quiet and we're very reasonable on price.

I'm getting close to needing a set of my 15 Super Duty too. So many good tires out there to choose from...... Thanks for all the feedback in this thread so far.

Tempting to get the new BFG A/T. But I've had 5 sets of the BFG AT over the years. Holding then throwing rocks would be my biggest complaint about them.

I'm actually thinking Toyo AT this go around. 295/65/20, not much too choose from.