• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air bump setup ????

matth_85

Looking for some info/advice on air bumps:

Looking to get the best ride quality out of my new buggy as possible and know air bumps will give me this. With that said, you see them mounted 100's of different ways. I understand how they work, I just am looking for feedback for the best ride quality. I see them mounted where the bump rides on the pad, where the have 1-3" between the bump and the pad. I have a pretty good bit of room to work with so I can run about any length travel of a bump (however I will only have approx 5" uptravel in my C/O's). I am just looking for feedback on the ideal setup. How yours rides along with how it's setup and what you would do differently if you could.

As for my wheeling style. We ride the Harlan trail system 2 times a year and hit other parks throughout the year but the rig is being setup more for the Harlan style park. Lots of trail riding and beat it down when you get to the big stuff. I would say it will see more trail riding than bouncing however when the cooler gets empty the foot does tend to get a bit heavy. I built this rig to last as my previous Toyota could not stand the torture of the empty cooler.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

i see you have 80 views and no comments so I'll give ya mine, my bumps ride just touching that pads, not sure if its right or wrong, its how I could make it work with what i had, they are 4 inch travel bumps and this setup seems to work great, they softened the ride alot and im very pleased with it

Like you said in your post , getting the best out of what you have. That's why you see em mounted 100's of different ways. It comes down to packaging and getting desired up travel within what you feel is an acceptable ride height.

My buggy road barely touching, it unloaded a lot with air shocks so as soon as it was pointed up hill I used the front winch to manipulate the front end. On most obstacles it would be 3-4inches from touching minimum unless I sucked it down to touching again.

Didn't mean it to be a trick question. Thanks for the responses. I talked with a couple of guys who run go fast rigs and with my room situation I think I will run a 2" bump with 3" of room between the pad and bump. Thanks again.