• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air Shock ?

MNboy

For those of you running air shocks on your buggy/rig instead of coilovers, I'm guessing a big advantage is that you can set it up to adjust air pressure while you are driving. I'm wondering what folks are using for pressure controllers, is there a unit made specifically for this or are you making your own?

For those of you running air shocks on your buggy/rig instead of coilovers, I'm guessing a big advantage is that you can set it up to adjust air pressure while you are driving. I'm wondering what folks are using for pressure controllers, is there a unit made specifically for this or are you making your own?

No you can't adjust on the fly. You set the pressure using nitrogen when you set the rig up. But you can run a axle winch to suck the suspension down when your on the trail.

Ride height is almost infinite. vs coilovers can be a hair pulling experience trying to get the ride height and spring rates figured out. Especially with 2.5 shocks

So maybe I should change the question. Would folks be interested in an air shock that can be adjusted while driving? In theory the controls could be set up to change ride height front to back and side to side.

So maybe I should change the question. Would folks be interested in an air shock that can be adjusted while driving? In theory the controls could be set up to change ride height front to back and side to side.

That can be done with any old school air shock. I think you may be thinking of nitrogen struts?.....Just changing the nitrogen pressure in the strut does more than change the ride height. Valving will be different because the piston is in a different place in the cylinder bore at ride height. To make it the same again you would need to change the volume of the oil also but then the valving would be different again when compressed down to the original ride height..........
Nitrogen struts arent designed to be adjusted on the fly like you want to do with them. For that just go by some old school air shocks.

Latest posts