• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Airbags

I thought firestone and ride rite were the same thing.

Ive had mine for like 10 years. The bags have held up. the brackets need a little love, but I blame my lift for that.

In cab control is the only way to go, make sure left and right bag are on separate feeds.

Does anyone still buy Timbrens? They were like a load carrying bump stop.

Ride rite is the Firestone kit. The other brand is Air lift Load lifter. I like the load lifter bags because they have an internal bump stop that keeps you from bottoming out the airbag when it's deflated. Not that it's a big issue.

I like the load lifter bags because they have an internal bump stop that keeps you from bottoming out the airbag when it's deflated. Not that it's a big issue.

The ride rites just want you to keep 5 psi in the bags even when empty, just to prevent bottom out. I think the load lifters are for guys that are completely replacing their mechanical suspension and going 100% air. That internal bump stop makes it so you can at least limp off the road.

I've got Firestones under my truck, and have held up well over the last 15yrs or so...Previous owner installed them in '00. I do have a spare set of bags (taken out from a truck they wouldn't fit under a few yrs ago) though in the event something happens and one goes! :awesomework:

I bought Firestones to put under my Motorhome...

those will probably be going in this weekend...

I know that the ones in my old motorhome were firestones and in there for YEARS!! without any issues...

I heard quite a few complaints about the air air lift bags leaking back when I bought mine (may have changed since then, it's been 10 years or so). So I went with firestone. I didn't care for how much it changed the ride, even at just 5 psi. But they worked great.

I noticed that with my old k1500. It had Firestones on it when I bought it and rode like a brick even w/ low pressure. I took them off because a guy at work wanted them and problem solved.

My 2500 dodge has the firestones. The ride was pretty bad but the bags worked great. I just threw some good bilstiens on there and wow...what a difference.

Gavin. I have the airlift ones on my service van and you know how I baby it :haha: had them on the old MH as well and have had no problems with them.

I noticed that with my old k1500. It had Firestones on it when I bought it and rode like a brick even w/ low pressure. I took them off because a guy at work wanted them and problem solved.

I'm hoping I can come up with some sort of "quick release" feature when I get mine back.

I ran Bilstiens, which were far better than the Ranchos I had. But still didn't make up for the bags.

I had the Air Lift load lifters on my twin to your truck. Never had a problem, even when I had it flexed out with the camper on it up at Salmon La Sac.

Latest posts