• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

All right WTF

bobbed_84_toy

ALWAY$ BROKE
Went to roll the yota into the shop to put it on the lift so I can run the brakelines. SM465 tranny is not in gear but is FULLY locked up. Had to put the t-case in nuetral to get the **** to roll.

What would cause this?

I've personally never ran this tranny(bought it from Odie a couple/three years ago, and know he wouldn't sell me bum parts). The optimistic side of me wants to say things are just stuck from sitting for a while. The pessemistic(sp?) side wants to say it bent a shift fork or something on the ride home rolling around in the bed.

Suggestions? Tranny also doesn't go into any gear either, but you can feel the notches like it wants to. I don't want to pull the fawking motor and tranny out again:rolleyes:Time to take up knitting I think.

/rant

A. Pull the shifter out and see if the slots are lined up. If this is OK go to B.

B. Pull drain plug and see how much water is in it(you will know instantly since it has been sitting).

C. Push in clutch and try to roll, if it won't roll probably has a bound up input shaft causing all of the problems.

Is it possible you put the clutch disk in backwards? I did this on my 78 4 speed camaro and it about drove off the lift.

Nope, checked, rechecked, and checked again before installing. Been there and done that

A. Pull the shifter out and see if the slots are lined up. If this is OK go to B.

B. Pull drain plug and see how much water is in it(you will know instantly since it has been sitting).

C. Push in clutch and try to roll, if it won't roll probably has a bound up input shaft causing all of the problems.

I'll pull the plug first thing tomorrow, as the fluid needs to be changed anyways. Then I'm gonna see If I can pop the top plate off and take a looksie. Thanks for the advice so far guys :beer:

Then I'm gonna see If I can pop the top plate off and take a looksie. Thanks for the advice so far guys :beer:

Don't take the whole top shifhter housing off, just remove the shifter. To remove the shifter push down collar and turn left about 1/8 turn.

Have you tried to roll in gear clutch pushed in. I know its a long shot to bind the input but I have seen a lot of things.

I would try to release the clutch first, prybar, comealong, watever it takes before you have to pull the trans again.

I'll give her hell tomorrow. All clutch parts have only been in for about 2 weeks though, so I have my doubts about the clutch being stuck. I'll let ya know. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to transmissions :redneck:

I owe ya a beer or two for this one :beer:

Put a ratchet strap on the shifter fork, the clutch was free as expected. Drained the fluid and that looked fine. Popped the shifter out and WTF. The pin for 1st/2nd was cogged forward. Slid that back and good to go. Thanks again

Good to see you got it handled, I was just going to suggest that, cause I just did the same thing tonight. :haha: