• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

And the winner if worst tire of the year goes to....

dwa2469 said:
I have 37 treps and they go really good. Like everyone else said you gotta get the air down. And the thing I like the most is the sidewalls are tough as hell.. I'm sure the reds will go good, but throw a little mud at them, And I have heard the sidewalls are quite sensitive :****:

I ran reds for 5 years w zero issues. Ok, my friends ran reds on my old buggy, I never got to use the damned thing. I know they beat on it like a rental, bc, well, it was.

patooyee said:
It will be $1200 per tire, only be sold by one dealer, and be out of stock for months at a time if they make it. :)

or if you have good timing you can pick them up for $325 each with ****ed up sidewall text. but they only have 3.

actually I'm pretty sure I've seen "non highway service" Bogger blems for sale pretty frequently - I always assumed they were stickies, but maybe they were just (even more) square (than usual)?

mr.mindless said:
or if you have good timing you can pick them up for $325 each with ****ed up sidewall text. but they only have 3.

actually I'm pretty sure I've seen "non highway service" Bogger blems for sale pretty frequently - I always assumed they were stickies, but maybe they were just (even more) square (than usual)?

You've never seen comp-cut stickies from the factory before.

mckeddie said:
Can't imagine it weighing more than that. I think they have 8-9 in them. I'll try dropping them to 2-3 next time and see if it helps any.

I'd say 8-9 is too high for that rig. That's what I run in my 40s on a ~4500lb juggy. I think you'll see a huge difference if you go 2-3.

patooyee said:
Is it that little Dodge Neon transaxle buggy that was for sale here recently?

That's the one. I just put some air in the tires after I put water in them. I never checked the pressure I don't think. I figured they'd be like reds where I'd want some air in them and the sticky would make up for the flex. These damn things just spin on everything though, there's no stick to them.

mckeddie said:
That's the one. I just put some air in the tires after I put water in them. I never checked the pressure I don't think. I figured they'd be like reds where I'd want some air in them and the sticky would make up for the flex. These damn things just spin on everything though, there's no stick to them.

Yeah, I think in a rig that light you would want very little psi with Treps.

I remember back when it was cool to get military 48"+ tires and put them on rigs. But the sidewalls on them ere so stiff that some people with lighter rigs just ran without valve stems in them!

I run the 37 Sticky Treps at about 8 psi on my Jeep that weighs about 4000#. I have been really happy with them. I've noticed that they don't bulge nearly as much as the Krawlers at the same psi.

Not having any personal experience with them yet (I have a brand new set of 40's sitting in my shop to go on my next rig.) I have to say that this would be the first negative thread I've seen about them. And all threads I've read on them say that they need lower psi than others to make the tough sidewalls flex. If I were in your position I would do some more experimenting before I fire-sold them.

Re:

I'd run them around 2 or 3 lbs. I run 6 in my old bald 42 tsls with a 4500lb rig

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Short lived, but I ran 37's Treps in 2007. They hated mud, couldnt get them to clean out, and they wouldnt stick to ****. My gauge (still have it) started at 5psi so its was less than that. Went to BFG's and way better, but at that PSI was cutting sidewalls.

InDaShop said:
Short lived, but I ran 37's Treps in 2007. They hated mud, couldnt get them to clean out, and they wouldnt stick to ****. My gauge (still have it) started at 5psi so its was less than that. Went to BFG's and way better, but at that PSI was cutting sidewalls.

Man it looks like you have always had nice rigs. How long you been wheeling? I'm guessing you are mid to early 40's.

nailed it, 39.
Fureva' took hiatus to go to college so had to ride with people. Skipped the building up modifying jeeps and went straight to buggy.
Helps when all the cool kids you went to highschool with are into same ****. So.... And still are! :drinkers:

Don't forget the 37's are a higher load range than the 40's so the sidewalls are even less flexible.

Just curious...are you running them forwards or backwards. I've never seen a set run backwards that worked worth a damn...just dug holes.

mckeddie said:
Can't imagine it weighing more than that. I think they have 8-9 in them. I'll try dropping them to 2-3 next time and see if it helps any.
Hey no ****, that's the problem. I had mine at 8-9 and dam near destroyed my junk on boat ramp.. Lowerd to 6 and walked up it. True story. And I got yes I pics ... It really happened!! :flipoff1:

clemsonjeep said:
Don't forget the 37's are a higher load range than the 40's so the sidewalls are even less flexible.

Just curious...are you running them forwards or backwards. I've never seen a set run backwards that worked worth a damn...just dug holes.

Ryan, I ran mine backwards and I couldn't tell a difference between how they performed.

Latest posts